how do you promote a new board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you promote a new board?

how did you get your forum to start off? since sunday night here are my stats

Members: 25, Threads: 26, Posts: 155

i have advertised on a few forums and told my friends, what else? im only going to advertise once per forum... spamming is not the way to get your forum up and going
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

You could submit your site to http://vbulletinsites.com

Also, submit to be featured here at vbulletin.com
    ( http://vbulletin.com/links.php )

And, finally, tell your current members to spread the word

Good luck

Comment

done all of that, im thinking of link exchanges

Comment

Yeah, I've got sponsored by banners on my category titles, with links to some sites I've exchanged links with.
        :)

Comment

It's often difficult to get links if it is just forums and nothing else, as the linking site wants to see something in return.

Have you thought about setting up a simple links database as a compliment to your forums. You may have more sucess in getting releated sites to link to you then.
          Motorsport Forums

Comment

I never really liked the idea of links - I only exchanged links with one or two other sites in the existance of mine. I guess my content speaks for itself.

-jim
            "The dot-com bust has cleared out the carpetbaggers and left the Internet to those who really care about it"
            - Jon Ippolito, new-media curator, Guggenheim Museum

Comment

well, I can't say my forum is a successful one but not a small one,either. Members: 526, Threads: 4,917, Posts: 93,160

I didn't advertise my forum. My site isn't entirely depended on forum. As matter of fact, it's only 25%

My site is 4 years old and added vb forum one year ago.
              I already had a small but decent usergroup, it was quite easy to start.

My point here is you need something that can keep visitors coming back. -- Content (unique the better)
              Last edited by klisis; Thu 18th Apr '02, 8:17am.

Comment

Originally posted by klisis
                well, I can't say my forum is a successful one but not a small one,either. Members: 526, Threads: 4,917, Posts: 93,160

I didn't advertise my forum. My site isn't entirely depended on forum. As matter of fact, it's only 25%

My site is 4 years old and added vb forum one year ago.
                I already had a small but decent usergroup, it was quite easy to start.

My point here is you need something that can keep visitors coming back. -- Content (unique the better)
                What would you call a successful forum???

Members: 526, Threads: 4,917, Posts: 93,160. I would say your doing pretty good lol

If I get 100 members that post all the time, and enjoy the forum I would be a happy camper, and consider my forum to be a success.

Come to think of it I have 34 kick ass members now and I consider it a success,
                PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Umm. Forum like Eva2000's

Originally posted by jmd

What would you call a successful forum???

Comment

Umm. Forum like Eva2000's

ummm I think you have a great forum
                    PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

im planning setting up something like VB portal, or having a forum then a sub-site of tech news ect

Comment

I would say put it on yahoo, and other search engines

Comment

yeah submitted it and have meta tags

Comment

Hmm, now come to think of it.
                            I have never submitted my site to any search engine and somehow my site is listed in yahoo.
                            Can anyone explain how my site got listed in yahoo?

Comment

Hmm, now come to think of it.
                              I have never submitted my site to any search engine and somehow my site is listed in yahoo.
                              Can anyone explain how my site got listed in yahoo?
                              All major search engines send out "spiders" that basically follow links in a page and then indexes the new sites it finds and adds them to the director.
                              :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X