No announcement yet.

Do you let members become moderators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my board I have all "super mods" I figure that if I trust them with one forum, then I trust them with all.

Otherwise we have a situation where if I mod from one forum sees e.g. blatant spam in another, they can't do anything about it!
    Motorsport Forums

Comment

Yah, but then your forums will be displayed as if having no moderators at all, right?

It does make more sense to have 'm all be Super-mods (without CP-access) though..

Comment

Originally posted by 1337Devil
        Yah, but then your forums will be displayed as if having no moderators at all, right?

It does make more sense to have 'm all be Super-mods (without CP-access) though..
        Do both; we're all super mods here but we each show up in our individual forums as well. It's the best way IMO; it can be very frustrating to be a moderator but not to be able to edit/move/whatever something because it's not in your forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS

Do both; we're all super mods here but we each show up in our individual forums as well. It's the best way IMO; it can be very frustrating to be a moderator but not to be able to edit/move/whatever something because it's not in your forum.

Good idea!

Comment

At my board, all my moderators are supermods, just as JamesUS said, thats my resioning.

14 mods. and 3 active admins.
            Ken Prescott - 21Studios freelancing design
            Graphic-Forums - The Forums for the Graphic User

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS

Exactly.

The moderator listing is just indicative to say who is responsible for which forum and who you should contact first if you are having problems in a specific forum. The listing doesn't have any meaning beyond that.
              Motorsport Forums

Comment

There, I made my Moderator usergroup "Is Super-Mod = YES"

Thx for the tip ^_^

Comment

I have four mods - 3 moderate most of the forums, and 1 moderates one particular forum. They are all members of the boards. When I got to about 400 members I decided some mods might be handy for when I can't be around and I left a post asking for volunteers. From that list I picked my mods.

I act exactly as any other poster would, it's why I started the board in the first place.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X