Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do kids these days mispell words on purpose?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh?

C eh? N eh? D eh? (Sorry....was part of a very old joke concerning Canada. Have you ever heard of it, eh?)
    :)

Comment

I never use the abbreviations. The only ones that I use are "brb" or "gtg" and only on Instant Messenger as I really am not an "Instant Messenger" like those people that think the only thing that the internet is used for is AOL and its Instant Messenger feature.

Me, never using AOL (Had it for a week, back in 1995 when my dad got his first good computer, it came with it so we signed up. Within that first week I at the young age of nine understood that the software was a piece of ****, got my dad to get MSN instead.) dont really talk that much on the internet for plain fun, as it really isnt fun just to say "hey, whats up? bye". I hate people that start conversations by saying "hey" than nothing more, I never respond to them.

I really dont understand how you apply this mis-spelling of words to hackers except for that Jeff K guy. I have seen his website before and I believe it was created for humor purposes, not much more.

I really dont get the whole mis-spelling thing. I'm a bit lost, can someone fill me in?

Comment

hehehe....read the posts back top.

Actually, it's probably just people not wanting to spell out the whole word b/c of laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
          Has anyone considered the possbility that they're just plain stupid?
          That was my guess. It just shows their age. Everyone makes spelling mistakes and this is over looked. But I find it hard to believe that their schools allow them to ramble in their "leet hacker" language. I hope they know the difference between an adjective and a pronoun. I don't know of too many well paying jobs that would allow you to speak the way the language is typed by the kids on the web.

Of course there were some sayings back in Smachol's day too.

"Far out man".
          Last edited by Hooper; Tue 9 Apr '02, 8:59pm.

Comment

teh nad etc are just stupid typos by n00bz

typos and words with z instead of anything normal on the end are just quick typing, "happened through the years".

words like n00b and l33t and *x0r (fix0r/hax0r/fux0r) are just wanna be elite users from irc.

then there are those fun types: ur ok aight? .. and stuff like that. AliG moments They are just to spice up the chats.

And already mentioned a little bit: the UR instead of You are.. is just IRC quicktyping skills.

Together, you have a bunch of irc script kids talking

Type normal, then your stupid enough!

Comment

Say who?
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Says Xiphoid.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                  wut r u talking abuot? teh speeling?
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

"BTW, did anyone notice the person who started this thread misspelled the word misspell?"

Yes, I already pointed it out.

I personally think that a lot of younger kids these days are stupid. Just visit any highschool or one of those rab-boards and you will see the stupidity flourish like you've never seen before. It's sickening.

-Vic

Comment

...unless you go to a school where 25% of all the students are Asian.

Comment

Originally posted by krs-one
                        "BTW, did anyone notice the person who started this thread misspelled the word misspell?"

Yes, I already pointed it out.

I personally think that a lot of younger kids these days are stupid. Just visit any highschool or one of those rab-boards and you will see the stupidity flourish like you've never seen before. It's sickening.

-Vic
                        they've always been that stupid, they just have a new way to express it.

Comment

()k4y, [email protected]|ng l337 |Z [email protected] |Z l|k3 [email protected]|ng m()n3y |z [email protected] j00 l|v3 0n |7 @nd 7() 4ll 7|-|3 p30pl3 [email protected] 7|-||nk y00r Z7up|d pHor "m|Zp3ll|ng" @ word [email protected] y00r 53r|0u5ly on [email protected] ()r 4n()7}{3r 4dd|c7|v3 drug l|k3 3v3rQu3Z7. 7yp|ng |n 7}{|Z l4ngu4g3 |Z g377|ng @ b|7 4nn0y|ng z()... [email protected]!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian
                            ()k4y, [email protected]|ng l337 |Z [email protected] |Z l|k3 [email protected]|ng m()n3y |z [email protected] j00 l|v3 0n |7 @nd 7() 4ll 7|-|3 p30pl3 [email protected] 7|-||nk y00r Z7up|d pHor "m|Zp3ll|ng" @ word [email protected] y00r 53r|0u5ly on [email protected] ()r 4n()7}{3r 4dd|c7|v3 drug l|k3 3v3rQu3Z7. 7yp|ng |n 7}{|Z l4ngu4g3 |Z g377|ng @ b|7 4nn0y|ng z()... [email protected]!
                            okay, saying leet is bad is like saying money is bad... you live on it and to all the people that think you're stupid for "misspelling" a word than you're seriously on crack... or an other addictive drug like everquest. typing in this language is getting a bit annoying so... laters!

wow, i translated that straight through at like 50 words a minute.

Comment

It's not the hax0r talk that annoys me because I don't see much of that.

It's the posts that look like text messages that I find annoying and hard to read. They are mostly posted by younger members I think.

Surely it doesn't take too long to type out 'to' instead of '2'. And I'm sure it's possible to type 'great' instead of 'gr8'
                              Motorsport Forums

Comment

I use "teh" sometimes in thread titles and maybe in posts.... But I don't really do anything else that I can think of specifically.... Normally I type like this (correct uppercase and punctuation) even in IMs.... I also use ellipses (sp?) which are, for those who don't know, "...". I use them way too much.... Yeah....
                                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X