Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do kids these days mispell words on purpose?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do kids these days mispell words on purpose?

I'm seriously just wondering what that's all about now.

Jakeman, I see you do it quite a bit, could explain what it means?

Does it mean like "look I type so fast, that I do the same "hacker typos" like 'teh' and 'nad'"

Seriously...what's the big trend? Fill me in!

Comment

What the hell happened to this thread?

Reponses are before responses and things are upside down and outside in...

Comment

i'm 1337

Comment

Why do kids these days mispell words on purpose?

"teh" namely.

Is it part of a code that they send out to let others know they "are cool"?

Comment

Nope, mostly its because thy're lazy idiots who think the internet is a glorified mobile phone.

Comment

wut r u talking abuot? teh speeling?

Comment

w00t?

1 [email protected] undertsnad u perfeckly wel, teh speling g00d heer!

Comment

Originally posted by qwaz
                  What the hell happened to this thread?

Reponses are before responses and things are upside down and outside in...
                  Server time went wacky for some reason. It's back on track now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                    Server time went wacky for some reason. It's back on track now.
                    Excellent timing too. See the purging users thread just down the page.
                    Last edited by Fusion; Tue 9 Apr '02, 12:09pm.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

I do see a lot of mispelling on the internet, as many people really dont care about how they spell things or even try to do it on purpose.

I do not believe in your "teh" being a hacker term though, as I do type the word "the" as "teh" sometimes when I am typing at very fast speeds. Since that is a common mistake you see many people turn that into a normal part of how they type, but for many its simply a mistake.

Comment

qwaz,

I am 14 years old, and you may think that I am one of those who mispells words on the internet on purpose to look "cool". However I am one of the few youngsters on the internet who actually tries to get my typing spot on. I also get quite annoyed when someone [of any age] mixes up their spelling, grammar and punctuation. I believe those are simple skills that should have been learned early on in life, some get their "their, they're and there"'s mixed up. Sometimes their writing becomes hard to understand and read when these mistakes are made. So qwaz, I'm on the same ship as you, being only 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalius
                          i'm 1337
                          No, you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Seph
                            I do see a lot of mispelling on the internet, as many people really dont care about how they spell things or even try to do it on purpose.

I do not believe in your "teh" being a hacker term though, as I do type the word "the" as "teh" sometimes when I am typing at very fast speeds. Since that is a common mistake you see many people turn that into a normal part of how they type, but for many its simply a mistake.
                            But why do it deliberately?

I can see no other reason but to hope to look cool somehow.

Comment

They do it to be jackasses.

It's fine when their joking, when their not though..
                              Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X