• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    Originally posted by xiphoid
    Nah, stick to PHP
    PHP is a totally different thing...

The language behind xml is not important... You can generate XML with every possible scripting language, just like you can generate HTML with every possible scripting language

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave#

LMFAO

I think Mas means Xml/XSL templating - the backend will always be PHP
    In that case,

Nah, stick to HTML

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    Nah, stick to PHP
    LMFAO

I think Mas means Xml/XSL templating - the backend will always be PHP

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Nah, stick to PHP

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    What I would like to see in future versions btw is that vBulletin would be xml/xsl based. I suggested this before and thought xsl might be too complicated, but I think this ain't really true. It's not that hard to learn and it gives you far more flexibility

On top of that xml gives you alot of extra benefits: transormable to any format (wml, any html version, xhtml, other xml format, pdf, rtf, xsl-fo etc..etc..)
    And since alot of software is making or gonna make use of xml it would be drop dead easy to integrate vb with other apps.

I seriously think that vb would eventually lose it's market leadership if this ain't gonna happen

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied

Goeie :P
    dank je

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Of course, we extend it. Rewriting the code is the quickest way to introduce bugs and really make everyone mad.
    True

vb3 changes a lot so you will have to withold your judgement until this. Don't expect to be overwhelmed with OO though
    Allright, I'll back off until I've seen it

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Mas*Mind

Sorry, I don't understand these English sayings I just assume it's a compliment
    Goeie :P

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Lol....

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooper

I bet you couldn't write your way out of a paper bag.
    Sorry, I don't understand these English sayings I just assume it's a compliment

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Of course, we extend it. Rewriting the code is the quickest way to introduce bugs and really make everyone mad.

vb3 changes a lot so you will have to withold your judgement until this. Don't expect to be overwhelmed with OO though

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Who the is looking up at.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooper

Who?

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    Re: Re: eeeeh....

Originally posted by freddie
    And what is your personal coding standard that you would like us to adopt?
    Hey, don't take it personal

Not my standard, but I like an OO way of coding, however I realize that PHP doesn't offer enough OO-capabilities.

But in vb2 the code is way to cluttered IMO, it lacks good decent reusable functions and you see alot of similar code blocks in the code who could be incorporated in a reusable function. (the fact that there were countless mail() calls in the code is a good example, I was told thought that this has changed in vb3)

It seems to me that there wasn't made a good system design (UML) at forehand and that the code is just extended with new features all the time without considering if it's the best way to implement.

A good design proves itself if it's easy to modify the backend for example (3 tier) The fact that it's not easy to change the db-backend for vb proves that the code lacks a good design.

Don't take me wrong: vb is a great product (the best in its market), but don't pretend that everything is great about it

Leave a comment: