X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freehtml
    replied
    Originally posted by SteppenWolf
    Yes, but vB isn't a real multilanguage forum ...

There are some piece of text wich can't be translated without editing the PHP files.

And the CP ? ...

I think you would take care on your foreign customer
    To be honest, I saw some site translated vB into chinese from China site...They had so far done a great job in translating..

I am sure many non-English speaking customer will welcome it.

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Yeah the template editing has always bothered me quite a bit because it's got so many pieces.

How about this? Let there be specific comment tags that will tell vB's template editor to ignore blocks of html and other comment tags that will be replaced by the right variables in vB. This way I can design my layout in Dreamweaver, add in the necessary comments (to strip out html template doesn't need, and to add variables that the template does need), and then upload that whole file.

The above will let me view my example template in its complete form, and more importantly, edit the template with my own editor in one piece, while still being a fully functional template.

Did I confuse anybody?

Leave a comment:

• SteppenWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Fusion
    a tad funny how the French tend to look down on those that speak English.
    You say you want a revolution ....
    Well you know ...
    We all want to change the world

> The beattles

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    We have not forgotten the admin CP, we just haven't spent any time thinking about it's translation. I am sure it will gain that support at some time, perhaps even in v3 or a lesser version after v3 is released.

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by SteppenWolf
    This is not a good way of thinking ...

vB isn't a free litlle script developepd by teenagers !
    vB is the best community manager ... taht's why it had to make the difference ...

You said 'expect that the people who run a forum has some knowledge in English' ...
    Yes, but, you american don't know what it is to be french ...
    We have a good language, but always have to read/write in english all the time ...

A french-adapted product is associated with quality ans serious ...
    I said I was possibly stretching, so lay off with the insults. I'm Norwegian, not american, so in that respect I'm in the same predicament as you are. That said (and I'm not out to start a flame-war at all), your response clearly show that I did overstretch my imagination, but at the same time.. It's a tad funny how the French tend to look down on those that speak English.

Leave a comment:

• SteppenWolf
    replied
    This is not a good way of thinking ...

vB isn't a free litlle script developepd by teenagers !
    vB is the best community manager ... taht's why it had to make the difference ...

You said 'expect that the people who run a forum has some knowledge in English' ...
    Yes, but, you american don't know what it is to be french ...
    We have a good language, but always have to read/write in english all the time ...

A french-adapted product is associated with quality ans serious ...

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    There are very few pieces of text in the PHP files and that will be rectified with v3.

The Admin CP will still need to be manually translated.
    I may be stretching here, but it seems to me that the admin CP isn't that big a deal, not even the Mod CP (I assume it's affected too). What's first&foremost are the end-users, and if we can get those settled in nicely in a native forum, we've come a long, long way. It's not a big leap of faith to expect that the people who run a forum has some knowledge in English. You'd need that to venture not too far out into the internet aswell.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    i aint gonna read thru all the 5 pages now, but i seen the demo and i know other people that have VB,

i dont like how you can edit templates offline!

Leave a comment:

• SteppenWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    Damn !

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    There are very few pieces of text in the PHP files and that will be rectified with v3.

Leave a comment:

• SteppenWolf
    replied
    Yes, but vB isn't a real multilanguage forum ...

There are some piece of text wich can't be translated without editing the PHP files.

And the CP ? ...

I think you would take care on your foreign customer

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by freehtml
    [B]What I don't like about vBulletin is that it doesn't support other language beside English yet.

I hope in future version (vB3??) , there will be support said Chinese templates....
    vB can handle any language in the templates so long as you set the charset meta tag correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by mondaynightmike
    um the only thing i don't like is when you upgrade you have to install any hacks. all though over at vbulletin.org i think firefly made a tool which helps with installing hacks.

I find it easy to use etc, i am new to vbulletin i have manged to get on well with it, any problems i have had i have always had them solve either here or at vbulletin.org

10/10 really. Just waiting for Vb3
    They state prior to purchase that they can not support you if you have altered the source code. So that one does not really count.

Leave a comment:

• mondaynightmike
    replied
    um the only thing i don't like is when you upgrade you have to install any hacks. all though over at vbulletin.org i think firefly made a tool which helps with installing hacks.

I find it easy to use etc, i am new to vbulletin i have manged to get on well with it, any problems i have had i have always had them solve either here or at vbulletin.org

10/10 really. Just waiting for Vb3

Leave a comment:

• freehtml
    replied
    What I don't like about vBulletin is that it doesn't support other language beside English yet.

I hope in future version (vB3??) , there will be support said Chinese templates....

And better still depend of the style choosen, the member get to view the forum either in English or other foregin language such as Chinese....etc.

Leave a comment: