replied
    • Sub Forums: Moderators of parent forum are mods of child forums
    • Can't load limit by giving preference to members
    • The default templates are a bit too VB branded by default
    • mail() functions are rubbish

Leave a comment:

• Valkyre
    replied
    I agree with filburt, I hate having to relogin for the Admin CP if any of my windows that are connected to my forums closes, a cookie should be stored just like it does for any normal user.

The redirections are a pain too.

I think an option to turn both of these features on and off would be great. (For the Admin CP thing, turning off the requirement of having to login each time would be nice)

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    What don't you like about vBulletin?

nothing

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    my only complaint is support in the support forums. too many times people are turned away empty handed. regardless of whether their request is supported or not, i think it's very important to customer service that we at least give them something. example, provide them with a link to the appropriate hack, refer them to another forum, etc. these simple "no, that is not supported" answers are terrible. at the very least you should sympathize with them. it's the universal approach to customer service:

1. listen
    2. sypathize
    3. propose solutions or sympathetically explain why that request is not supported. propose alternative solutions like www.vbulletin.org for hacks, etc.
    4. is customer satisfied?

something like that. you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    I have to agree with MarkB. I have been sitting here thinking of what I don't like about vB and well, I've just been sitting here thinking. I never came out with an answer until thankfully MarkB posted. Yes I do wish for the manual to be more thorough and explain fully in detail all the features/options. That is the only flaw, and a very small one at that, otherwise, vBulletin is just brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    I would like the user manual to be more thorough (but not at the risk of it taking time away from development).

That's all Compared to other products, vB is like a big bowl of ice cream to their pickles

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    I find the redirectors annoying but they serve a point. The one thing I loathe is that it doesn't remember the admin CP login cookie, and it's annoying to have to type in my u/p. It should just get it if I'm logged into the forums normally.

Leave a comment:

• veedee
    started a topic What don't you like about vBulletin?

What don't you like about vBulletin?

vBulletin is a great product.

It didn't start great though, it got where it is today by smoothing out all sorts of issues. One of those issues we clearly see is software bugs, regular releases patch over past mistakes or overlooked technical queries.

We probably don't get to see the other issues that the team @ vBulletin have overcome to get where they are today, to be honest most of us probably don't care.

However I am one of those that does care.

Please list below any problems you have had during your experience with vBulletin, both as a customer and prior to becoming one.

I am not interested in personal attacks or rude replies aimed at anyone. Nor am I interested in people replying to tell me they have never had a problem.

Let us keep this constructive.

Regards,

veedee