No announcement yet.

vBulletin chopped off their own leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images

Comment

Well phoey! Ohh well I guess I'll remove the text... My image is just too purty to get rid of

Comment

Ya gotta knock 50 pixels off the image too.

edit: you just did, great

Comment

Are there any benefits to this (like decreasing load times... although I would severely doubt it... but I am not sure) or is it just to give the board a more professional look?

Comment

Decreasing load times by knocking that one guy's 187K sig out...but also for professionalism and just to keep them from taking up the entire screen by themselves.

Comment

As Jakeman suggested, why not have a classified ads forums for vBulletin-related ads? We do it on my site. It works out fine and provides a service to members. For vBulletin, it would be even more useful, as there is a synergy between product and services sales. When I was first looking at vBulletin, I considered hiring someone to do the customization, but it was difficult to find anyone experienced with vBulletin. Customers being able to find services more easily would only benefit vBulletin.

Comment

Simple. Jelsoft is has plans for new products and services just as the vbulletinhosting? You advertise here and you will be competing with Jelsoft? Now was the time for the new rules to be implemented so that it wouldn't look any other way when the new services roll out?

Makes sense to me. I wouldn't let anyone advertise the services I sell or plan on selling on my board either.

? ?

It's just good business. Think about it, did advertising your work, hosting, etc... in your sig hurt anything under any other circumstances?

2+2="Just a thought"
                Last edited by Hooper; Thu 4 Apr '02, 7:47pm.

Comment

lol, jelsoft has plans to offer vBulletin customizations?
                  Board of the Month: November
                  Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                  Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                  vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinecure
                    lol, jelsoft has plans to offer vBulletin customizations?
                    Our only current plans are to get vb3 out the door and then the CMS.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                      Our only current plans are to get vb3 out the door and then the CMS.
                      And then to get institutionalized
                      Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper
                        Hahah, love your signature :P

(But I love eva2k's more)

Comment

Xiphoid, cut the sig please.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                            Xiphoid, cut the sig please.
                            Pff, it was just a 24h msg (and a one time one..) But ok.... removed that one little extra line. *sobz*
                            Last edited by Floris; Thu 4 Apr '02, 11:38pm.

Comment

And to think it was me who started the idea of getting Freddie institutionalized.... hehe

Comment

shame on you NetherChris
                                You're my Prince of Peace
                                And I will live my life for You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X