No announcement yet.

vBulletin chopped off their own leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valkyre, your signature has too many lines. (12)
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
      My opinion is, if you're only here to promote your services, be it by selling button sets or themes or whatever, then you (and we) are better off without you being here.

Kudos to vBulletin for not letting their forums turn into a market stall.
      very true... just look at my sig! just all helpful and free stuff for vB users to read
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
        Valkyre, your signature has too many lines. (12)
        Just shuff them into one line, within 90 characters :P

Comment

Better?
          Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

I deal with this crap on my boards as well. I think 3 cheers for vbulletins rules , its there forum , its the software that our crap is running on. I think we should respect them.

I too have a strict advertising policy. I basically just tell people there is the USER CP homepage profile option , why do we have a button sitting there , and then the same link directly above it in a signature.

Next I only allow linking of personal sites. This stops people from linking to other sites and basically advertising.

I also then tell people not to blatanty advertise like make a topic or just say go here. I make sure they are trying to post a link to a relevant topic and issue and they are just linking to help pass along info.

I think if everyone followed this rule everywhere things would be a lot cleaner and easier to navigate.

Also think about this. You are entering a person or companies property , and they have a sign saying. Advertise only here and this way , and have a designated little area set for this. You then go and stick a sign in this persons yard because you feel its ok.....

Then others see this and follow suite and soon you have a yard full of ads , and its all cluttered and messed up.

If anyone disagrees with stuff like this it just erks me. I also really dislike the people who try to worm their way around it. You can tell whos out adveriting / spamming and whos actually helping. I would just edit their signatures myself...or just add their site into the censor if they dont comply.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyre
              Better?
              jOO're !1337

hey, is a separate forum for advertising and stuff in the realm of possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

jOO're !1337

hey, is a separate forum for advertising and stuff in the realm of possibility?
                The board with the closed threads

Comment

Not to sound like a jerk (although I am already pretty sure) I am getting a really bad feeling about this... there is just something that is a tad disturbing... maybe it's just me. I am just getting one of those gut sinking feelings.

Comment

about what?

Comment

I assume mine is far too long/big?

Comment

You'll need to do one of two things:

Remove the image, and leave the text, or

Reduce the image to 300 width, and remove the text.
                        Last edited by tubedogg; Thu 4 Apr '02, 5:15pm.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                          You'll need to do one of two things:

Remove the image, and leave the text, or

Reduce the image to 325 width, and remove the text.
                          Where can I find these new rules? they aren't in the chitchat forum unless they are the ones chris schirberner posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Nafae
                            Where can I find these new rules? they aren't in the chitchat forum unless they are the ones chris schirberner posted?
                            It's Chris Schreiber.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

lol, chris' name got butchered.

how do you pronounce that anyways?

Comment

I hope my sig is now up to par?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X