Community Add-ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Add-ons

What 'add-ons' do you have on your community to help give it a little more stickyness? Things such as chat, shoutbox, etc are obvious ones, but I'm interested in seeing what else people are using to keep people at their sites apart from their forums

Re: Community Add-ons

Originally posted by MarkB
    What 'add-ons' do you have on your community to help give it a little more stickyness? Things such as chat, shoutbox, etc are obvious ones, but I'm interested in seeing what else people are using to keep people at their sites apart from their forums
    Chat & Shoutbox are obvious ones.
    Some use portals.
    Others have galleries
    some provide webmail
    others have file downloads

Comment

vbportal
      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Nothing yet. Investigating webmail.

Ethan

Comment

There is a trivia game and quiz making system that integrates with a vBulletin member database - TriviaShock. Currently it only integrates with your members but eventually it may have features like a portal forum where each quiz is posted as a thread.

Don't mean to advertise/spam, but you asked

Comment

I use an advanced Shoutbox (it doesn't share base code...just shares the name), and an integrated quiz system...as well user comments on articles and news stories and such. Works pretty well.
            Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

I just have a chat room

Comment

Oh yeah. Chat room Although I'm switching to a MIGHTY cool chat system that I'm licensing from a university soon, so that'll change as well.

My entire site is built around vBulletin's template and authentication system, so I guess that counts as well. That includes my content management system which is nearly done (and mighty slick ) and my component architecture.

I did integrate a SlavaNap server monitor and user list with the vBulletin database. It does IP comparisons to determine if a user is registered and based on that scores them so people can prioritize download queues based on registered vs. unregistered users.

I also have integrated a mapping tool that plots out on a world map where people live with vBulletin's user database.

So yeah.

Ethan

Comment

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...491#post271491
                  Matthew Yette
                  [email protected]
                  antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

Originally posted by ethank
                    ... I also have integrated a mapping tool that plots out on a world map where people live with vBulletin's user database...
                    Oh! Our members have been, well, almost harrasing me about exactly such a thing, and I've been trying to figure out how to do it. Hope you're willing to share what you've got there!

Comment

yetdog: are you willing to share that trading database add-on?

Comment

hmm...
                        I have an ad infested chat program (parachat)
                        the forums
                        a new Art Gallery set up (using the forum database)
                        a search engine
                        avatars of famous paintings (useful for boning up on modern art)

content:
                        some elementary colour theory articles (more coming)
                        a half completed drawing tutorial (the drawing is finished)
                        an Art History essay that got a 95% A+ grade.
                        A forum button contest.

coming soon: the Art History essay that got an A+ grade in English

looking for: artists who need a place to show their compositions.
                        10% commision of all sales go to my college.

Comment

I have over 30 hacks and hundreds of personal modifications. I WIN WHERE IS MY GOLD MEDAL. (I hope Bane doesn't see this thread! -THE GOLD IS MINE!)

Comment

I'm not talking about hacks, really, but community features apart from the forums that help keep people at your site (apart from shoutbox, chat etc...)

Comment

well for a community i would recommend to give users a personal guestbook and diary

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X