X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren Lewis
    I came across HiveMail which is a webmail system which can integrate with vbulletin. Developed by Chen from vbulletin.org.
    Nice script, but I'm still waiting for the "vbulletin integration" to be actually incorporated before I purchase it

:edit: ah kewl, they already released the "version that incorporates with vbulletin", hehe ... my bad ... it's just that the topic about vbulletin integration is still in the "Suggestions" area

Now to amass the finances to purchase it
    Last edited by Tolitz; Sat 1 Mar '03, 2:21pm.

Leave a comment:

• Darren Lewis
    replied
    I came across HiveMail which is a webmail system which can integrate with vbulletin. Developed by Chen from vbulletin.org.

Also, amember which is a membership and subscription management program which has vbulletin integration in development.

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    Originally posted by SVTBlackLight01
    I have been looking for this for quite some time, but haven't found much. Anybody else have better luck?
    There's a new, large-scale classified/auction script being developed. Check out vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by SVTBlackLight01
    I have been looking for this for quite some time, but haven't found much. Anybody else have better luck?
    You could always set the forum permissions, and use the 'different postbit for first post' hack.

Leave a comment:

• SVTBlackLight01
    replied
    What I really need is an Classifieds / Advertisements add on to vbulletin - Anyone know of one? Only integration needed is really the reigstration database

Leave a comment:

• Redmak
    replied
    virtuanews

Leave a comment:

• Darren Lewis
    replied
    As promised, here's the link to my Censura installation, now that it's out of beta.

I also got the In-Link hack working to integrate the links directory witht the vbulletin user database. You can see that in action here.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren Lewis

Isn't that a similar system to how Jelsoft licenses vBulletin?

I only had a brief look, but judging from the two showcase sites, it seems to be an expensive version of something like vBportal. Their demo is down at the moment so I can't really say for sure, but for US$299 I hope it is something more.
    1. vBulletin can be purchased either as leased license, or as owned license.

2. That is basically an article management system and a rating system combined, similar to what places like CNet and ZDNet have for product reviews.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    vB has a lease option and a purchase option. Censura has no option. I actually emailed the author to make sure. If you don't renew, the license requires you to stop using it and remove it from your system.

The lease isn't an unreasonable amount, $49, which I'd gladly pay for support, updates, etc., but I'm not comfortable with my database of reviews becoming useless should I ever decide to not renew. With vB you can continue using it forever if you don't renew, you just can't get any updates or official support.

Leave a comment:

• Darren Lewis
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Nelson
    I was really interested in Censura until I found out you can only lease it....
    Isn't that a similar system to how Jelsoft licenses vBulletin?

I have no idea what this is or if it's any good, but I found this yesterday: NePublish PHP vE (vBulletin Integration Edition)
    I only had a brief look, but judging from the two showcase sites, it seems to be an expensive version of something like vBportal. Their demo is down at the moment so I can't really say for sure, but for US$299 I hope it is something more.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    I was really interested in Censura until I found out you can only lease it. The same guy is also working on a publisher and a web-subhosting package that both integrate with vB.

I have no idea what this is or if it's any good, but I found this yesterday: NePublish PHP vE (vBulletin Integration Edition)

Leave a comment:

• megatest
    replied
    Just for information here is a direct llink where I started
    a discussion :

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...1&username=Les

Probably the new VB3 template would let us make something better for the visual intergration...

Censura is sure a good product with a good future.

Yes... Please, Darren Lewis, post a reply when your
    intergration on theforum will be ready.

At least, edit... and post to notify people who subsribe to the
    thread like me thanx.

I followed everything connected to censura with interest.

I don't think it's the point of VBCMS to integrate such precise
    and review related features, but it could be fun to make a future
    double integration

Let's wait for VB3 at least for a first up to date integration.
    Last edited by megatest; Fri 5 Jul '02, 7:33pm.

Leave a comment:

• Darren Lewis
    replied
    Zach, I think you must have been posting your reply as I was writing mine

I'll edit my post when the full non-beta version is released.

Any other scripts that integrate with vbulletin?

Leave a comment:

• zachb
    replied
    I'd also like to know. I'd be very interested in using in myself.

Leave a comment:

• Darren Lewis
    replied
    Censura Integration with vBulletin

To post a review of a product, a user must be a member. Rather than use its own internal user database, Censura has the option to use an exising forum's user database (vBulletin and phpBB are supported). There's a config panel in the admin area.

When reading a review, the reviewer's username and avatar (from vBulletin) is shown, and you can view their vBulletin profile.

There's also an icon to "Start a Discussion" which will start a new thread in a designated forum (configured from the admin panel for each review category) with the title already filled in for you. If a product already has a discussion ongoing, the icon will say something like "Discuss this product".

I was trying to build a review system on my site using news and latest threads hacks from vbulletin.org. Censura saved me hours of time!

It costs $99 at the moment, but I think this is going to £149 when the full production version is released - best to check on their website for more details about this and its license etc...

It's released in compiled PHP so requires the Zend Optimizer (most good hosts will have this).

Darren.

P.S. No I don't work for them or get any commission

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X