No announcement yet.

List of SUCCESSFULLY integrated scripts with Vb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vB has a lease option and a purchase option. Censura has no option. I actually emailed the author to make sure. If you don't renew, the license requires you to stop using it and remove it from your system.

The lease isn't an unreasonable amount, $49, which I'd gladly pay for support, updates, etc., but I'm not comfortable with my database of reviews becoming useless should I ever decide to not renew. With vB you can continue using it forever if you don't renew, you just can't get any updates or official support.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Lewis

Isn't that a similar system to how Jelsoft licenses vBulletin?

I only had a brief look, but judging from the two showcase sites, it seems to be an expensive version of something like vBportal. Their demo is down at the moment so I can't really say for sure, but for US$299 I hope it is something more.
      1. vBulletin can be purchased either as leased license, or as owned license.

2. That is basically an article management system and a rating system combined, similar to what places like CNet and ZDNet have for product reviews.
      :)

Comment

As promised, here's the link to my Censura installation, now that it's out of beta.

I also got the In-Link hack working to integrate the links directory witht the vbulletin user database. You can see that in action here.

Comment

virtuanews

Comment

What I really need is an Classifieds / Advertisements add on to vbulletin - Anyone know of one? Only integration needed is really the reigstration database
            I have been looking for this for quite some time, but haven't found much. Anybody else have better luck?
            MODern ENGINEuity
            Modular Powered Community

Automotive Books, Movies, Games and More!

Comment

Originally posted by SVTBlackLight01
              I have been looking for this for quite some time, but haven't found much. Anybody else have better luck?
              You could always set the forum permissions, and use the 'different postbit for first post' hack.
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by SVTBlackLight01
                There's a new, large-scale classified/auction script being developed. Check out vbulletin.org.

Comment

I came across HiveMail which is a webmail system which can integrate with vbulletin. Developed by Chen from vbulletin.org.

Also, amember which is a membership and subscription management program which has vbulletin integration in development.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
                    I came across HiveMail which is a webmail system which can integrate with vbulletin. Developed by Chen from vbulletin.org.
                    Nice script, but I'm still waiting for the "vbulletin integration" to be actually incorporated before I purchase it

:edit: ah kewl, they already released the "version that incorporates with vbulletin", hehe ... my bad ... it's just that the topic about vbulletin integration is still in the "Suggestions" area

Now to amass the finances to purchase it
                    Last edited by Tolitz; Sat 1 Mar '03, 2:21pm.
                    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X