List of SUCCESSFULLY integrated scripts with Vb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of SUCCESSFULLY integrated scripts with Vb

I thought it would be a good reference to list all those non-vb scripts that have been successfully integrated with Vb... anyone know of any and care to start?

One really neat one is TrivaShock... it lets you create quizzes for your users (people just love taking quizzes to see how much they know, or more like don't know!)....

http://www.triviashock.net/

TriviaShock is a trivia game/quiz creation system for your web site. It is written in the PHP scripting language and uses an ultra-fast MySQL database backend.

Whether your goal is to create a simple online quiz or a complete trivia game portal, TriviaShock is the solution. With fully animated Flash 5 trivia games, you will provide your visitors with a rich and exciting interactive experience.

TriviaShock Features

» Create unlimited trivia games/quizzes
    » Unlimited questions
    » Time limits on questions, points system
    » Multiple Choice & True/False
    » Fully-animated Flash 5 games
    » Integrates with vBulletin
    » No programming knowledge required
    » MySQL database backend
    » Powerful web based control panel
    » Completely customizable inteface
    » PHP source code included
    » Automatic high score lists
    They are running a half-priced special right now through March 31st too
    Last edited by Chris Schreiber; Thu 28 Mar '02, 9:06pm.

Comment

Not to go off topic but Me2Be returns! welcome back! we missed you!

Comment

Another one I stumbled across is PhotoPost... an image gallery that is also integrated into vBulletin, where users can browse, rate and even discuss uploaded images.

http://www.techimo.com/photopost/

PhotoPost is a feature rich database driven community photo gallery application that allows your site's users to easily upload photos to categories, and enables visitors to post ratings and feedback about those photos. You can easily display large photo collections with PhotoPost's FTP upload feature with auto thumbnail generation. Don't miss the features/price comparison chart.

* MySQL database driven
        * User registration system
        * User uploads & comments
        * Multiple uploads via FTP
        * Can use vBulletin user DB
        * Limit upload/view access
        * Can integrate w/ vbPortal
        * Approve/Reject uploads
        * Unlimited Cats/Subcats
        * Configure colors/fonts
        * Set user disk space limits
        * Set max file size of uploads
        * Create/rename categories
        * Built-in keyword search
        * Easy web-based setup
        * Supports JPG, GIF & PNG

Comment

Originally posted by NetherChris
          Not to go off topic but Me2Be returns! welcome back! we missed you!
          indeed! where you been? i remember you posting that you were having a baby, right? or am i thinking of some one else?

Comment

Classifieds / Advertisements

I am in the process of integrating PhotoPost which looks very good and will certainly go with the offer the Trvia Quiz Games (if digibuy will let me - says it cannt process orders just now??).

What I really need is an Classifieds / Advertisements add on to vbulletin - Anyone know of one? Only integration needed is really the reigstration database.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
              indeed! where you been? i remember you posting that you were having a baby, right? or am i thinking of some one else?
              Nope, that was me -- we adopted a baby boy a few months ago (and he is keeping me VERY busy - see my sig! LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                One really neat one is TrivaShock... it lets you create quizzes for your users (people just love taking quizzes to see how much they know, or more like don't know!)....

http://www.triviashock.net/

They are running a half-priced special right now through March 31st too
                Thanks for mentioning that, I was about to post the same thing. TriviaShock integrates with the vBulletin user database currently. A complete integration like PhotoPost does would eventually be nice.

Comment

At www.antsmarching.org, we have a few things integrated with the vB database.

For one, we have a trading aspect of the database, where any member can add Dave Matthews Band live shows they own to their lists, make trades with other users, and add comments to a user's account about their trading rating.

We also just implemented something called a setlist game, where users can guess which songs the band is going to play each night. This is tied into the trading database, which ties into the setlist database, which all is built onto the vB database. All in all, 61 tables of ooey gooey goodness

Matt
                  [email protected]
                  Matthew Yette
                  [email protected]
                  antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

I've successfully integrated quickchat into our forums. It's more of a style mod than anything though.

Comment

these are on my forum, you can find them at vbulletin.org

[vB v2.2.3] Add Sponsored by banners to your forum categories
                      [vB v2.2.2] Colored Online Users Hack
                      [vB v2.2.2] Mark User As Contributor
                      [vB v2.2.2] Shrink Old Posts in Thread
                      [vB v2.2.3] jPilot (IRC chat) Integration
                      [vB v2.2.3] Mod Drop Down Hack ((FINAL))
                      vBportals

Graphics Arts and IT Forum

Comment

Re: Classifieds / Advertisements

Originally posted by ashy
                        What I really need is an Classifieds / Advertisements add on to vbulletin - Anyone know of one? Only integration needed is really the reigstration database.
                        I need this, too -- anybody know of a solution (apart from writing it myself)?

Comment

Originally posted by hypedave
                          these are on my forum, you can find them at vbulletin.org

[vB v2.2.3] Add Sponsored by banners to your forum categories
                          [vB v2.2.2] Colored Online Users Hack
                          [vB v2.2.2] Mark User As Contributor
                          [vB v2.2.2] Shrink Old Posts in Thread
                          [vB v2.2.3] jPilot (IRC chat) Integration
                          [vB v2.2.3] Mod Drop Down Hack ((FINAL))
                          vBportals

Graphics Arts and IT Forum
                          Dave that looks more like a list of hacks you've added, NOT a list of non-vb scripts, or other products which have been integrated.

Comment

Triviashock

Does anyone know if there are pre-made quizzes for TriviaShock? I would be horrible at creating the questions and such, but I think it would be fun.

Thanks

Josh

Comment

Here's a question:

Who said the famous phrase "256K ought to be enough for everybody..."?

First one to get it right gets a prize.
                              :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X