• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ewwww....
    - James
    http://forums.smaaash.com

Comment

Dang. I wish they had more downloads than just the latest version of vb2 in the members section.

Comment

Imagine this:

When 1.x came out, everybody thought it was cool ..
        When 2.x came out, everybody thought it was cool ..
        When 3.x will come out, everybody thinks it is cool ..

As long as the source code is great and bugs are fixed and features are added. I do not mind how it looks .. that is why we 'modify' it after purchase.

Comment

Were 'kinda' still on 1.x. Most of the code is 1.x.
          Matt
          Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
          Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Hard to do considering you removed the vBulletin copyright notice http://forums.fanhome.com/
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
              Hard to do considering you removed the vBulletin copyright notice http://forums.fanhome.com/
              *cough* That's allowed if you have a special license which you'd know that if you've read the licensing agreement *cough*
              Matt
              Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
              Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Originally posted by MattR
                *cough* That's allowed if you have a special license which you'd know that if you've read the licensing agreement *cough*
                There are a handful of forums that paid to remove the copyright at the bottom, fanhome is one of them.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, how much do you charge to remove the copywrite?

Comment

That info isn't published. If you're serious about this send am email to [email protected].
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was still running 1.1.x as of November. I didn't want to lose my template work...I had to wait until I was ready to invest time in the new layout/overhaul. vB has indeed come a long way.
                      Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

I was still on a modified 1.1.3 in January of this year with 20k members. I think we're seeing, the bigger the board, the more pain in the ass it is to upgrade! I think I have my vb2 looking just like my vb1, which was the point... I still use the vb1 under the post icons, I think they look better... and yea, I remember that vB1 look that Chris posted!
                        vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
                        Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
                        presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Nafae
                          Just out of curiousity, how much do you charge to remove the copywrite?
                          your soul
                          You're my Prince of Peace
                          And I will live my life for You

Comment

Well the copyright doesnt bother me, as it tells others what they should be using

But sometimes you do not need to let everyone know your best secret in certain fields, so others do not start a site like yours, I have seen it happen in a few choice fields, usually haveing to deal with money.

Comment

Well, it bothers me a great deal, for a variety of reasons.

I was just informed that the copyright notice at my site, http://www.thelaw.com, contains an invalid copyright notice and that I'm in violation of the license. No joke. Much to my surprise, Jelsoft considers the "Powered by" line to be part of the copyright notice since vB comment tags are now the defining indicator of what constitutes valid copyright notice. I read the license, gave them more than a bare copyright notice -- and we still have a difference of opinion.

I'm not sure what I'm planning to do yet but I have been looking around, especially at the incredibly impressive PHPBB2 at phpbb.com. I'm not paying any extra fee nor getting into any extended dispute about the 2 line requirement with promotional language that is something more than legal copyright notice, IMHO.
                              Last edited by slinky; Mon 8 Apr '02, 6:26pm.
                              My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

I could be wrong but I thought a valid copyright notice must include a year. As I said, I could be wrong though.

The wording on the licensing agreement seems pretty unambiguous:

All vBulletin copyright notices within design templates must remain unchanged (and visible).
                                I'm not sure why this presents such a burden, but whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X