Nominate a board for vB Board of the Month - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NUTNDUN

I could really care less, I submitted my site just for a giggle and don't plan on being one to submit every month.
    Nomination guide lines

1. This month only 5 nominees will be accepted.
    2. You can nominate your own board, but you must sit out a month before you can nominate it again.
    3. If your board wins it cannot be nominated again for a year.
    4. If somebody else nominates your board the month after you nominated your own, the nomination will be accepted.
    5.***Important!***Nominations will only be accepted for 3 days after the start of this thread. Deadline is 22:00Hours GMT on the 18th.
    6. A good board is based on the integration with the site and not on it's content.
    7. When you make a nomination please include the home page URL and the Board URL and maybe a reason why you like the site.
    8. A nomination must be seconded by a non-biased person before it will be accepted as a nomination. That means the second must come from somebody who is not affiliated with the board being nominated. (I know this will be difficult to inforce but please comply.)
    9. ***Important!***All seconded Nominations recieved within the 3 days will be thrown into a hat and 5 final nominees will be pulled. This selection will be 100% random!
    10. ***NEW!!*** If your Board becomes a nominee and the voting starts, please do not rally the users of your board for votes(i.e tell them to come to vB.com, register and vote). This is not fair play and will disqualify your board from the voting.
    I am one of the admins and we all (three admins, seperation of powers in some way; one does graphics, one does coding, one does user satisfaction related stuff) treat the board as ours.

P.S. Would you nominating your board have anythign to do with yourannoying persistence to flame and troll others?

Comment

i nominate my board www.hunde-board.de
      Last edited by Malick; Fri 15 Mar '02, 2:33pm.

Comment

I'm not trying or wanting to flame anyone. I just like to see the supposed format kept.
        GTtalk

Comment

I'll second db-forums.com if it hasn't been already.

-Vic

Comment

Just looking at these boards- can you only second one board??

Comment

I would like to nominate http://creations.nl
              As a source of information, and fun it sits nicely
              best wishes all

Comment

Originally posted by stellar
                I would like to nominate http://creations.nl
                As a source of information, and fun it sits nicely
                best wishes all
                They are in this months poll. They have to sit out a month.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt

They are in this months poll. They have to sit out a month.
                  4. If somebody else nominates your board the month after you nominated your own, the nomination will be accepted.

Guess again

Thank you stellar !! Now all I need is someone to second me? I can't second myself right?

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid

Guess again

Thank you stellar !! Now all I need is someone to second me? I can't second myself right?
                    This rule doesn't make much sense because then the same board can be in the running every month. What fun is that?

Comment

I second you xiphoid

Cheers
                      PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt

This rule doesn't make much sense because then the same board can be in the running every month. What fun is that?
                        See it as a second chance for someone who maybe lost because the competition was hard? Or .. don't worry, they are pulled out of the hat anyway?

Originally posted by jmd
                        I second you xiphoid

Cheers
                        Thank you!
                        Much appriciated
                        Last edited by Floris; Fri 15 Mar '02, 4:36pm.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid

See it as a second chance for someone who maybe lost because the competition was hard?
                          This is a vote for the best board....if the competition is too hard that only means one thing. They are better than your board, and therefore deserve to win. That is no reason at all to think its fair to be nominated again and again until the boards you are up against aren't very good.

Comment

I vote for http://forums.gaminguru.com/ because the site has the best designs and the best community.
                            Last edited by blahh; Fri 15 Mar '02, 5:04pm.

Comment

What are you worrying about c-pr0mpt? Yaxay has a GREAT chance of getting it this month. What does that make, 3?

Comment

Originally posted by HenryG2
                                What are you worrying about c-pr0mpt? Yaxay has a GREAT chance of getting it this month. What does that make, 3?
                                This isn't about me...in my opinion talkloud should win. But the aspects of the vB of the month are worthless if a site can be nominated again and again after losing until the competition isnt good. That makes no sense.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X