Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philosophy's, theory's. And just a big post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subjective logic.. um.. istn't that proving our point.

Wayne, that all made a lot of sense. The whole lights years thing is quite weird because we measure distance by the distance light travels in a year. This really only works if light travels at a constant speed. If it dosen't then 4 light years in one direction might be a greater distance than 4 light years in another!
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrispadfield
      subjective logic.. um.. istn't that proving our point.
      i thought your point was that nothing can be proven.

besides, i said logic is ideally objective. if you strive for subjective logic then you aren't living up to my ideals. errr something... you get the idea. one needs to try to be objective, not subjective... that's bassackwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakeman

i thought your point was that nothing can be proven.

besides, i said logic is ideally objective. if you strive for subjective logic then you aren't living up to my ideals. errr something... you get the idea. one needs to try to be objective, not subjective... that's bassackwards.
        if you say that I said nothing can be prooven once more i will begin to get annoyed. i have replied to that about half a dozen times, just look 3 posts up. the releveant bit would be:

The one thing i definitely know is that I exist. Otherwise how could I be thinking or questoning that I exist. Sure i could be some computer program or "brain in a vat" but I have to be something. This I know. It is simply impossible that I am not something. If you want to read more about this read Descartes.
        Strive for subjective logic? not sure what you are talking about. You were the one that said logic can be subjective not me. I would never say such a thing, logic should and is only objective. That does not mean however we have got it correct. (although we probably have).
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• Ditto. Maybe it's funny to you, but it's certainly not to me. It's wasteful.
          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

• what is wasteful?

through logic you can conclude that you exist right?

chris, you said "subjective logic" a few posts back. you said, "subjective logic.. um.. istn't that proving our point." what did you mean by that?

lol guys, what are we talking about? ...nothing

Comment

• Jake, I honestly give up. You introduced the idea of subjective logic for some reason something to do with human nature. Not sure what your point is when you have been trying to show that logic is true (and that we know it). I questioned that and then you seemed to suggest it was me who was talking about subjective logic. But you never respond to the direct questions we ask you, you don't seem to want to be engaged in a debate here at all. That's all from me
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• can you repost the direct questions i missed? i must not have seen them. yes, i want to debate. i still haven't received direct answers to some of my questions. why are you giving up? you haven't convinced me of your position yet (that's the goal of any debate). was there anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakeman
                  good examples.

i personally try not to question many things. i go by what logic tells me (logic being based on the available information). logic depends on the person though... ideally logic is purely objective, but human nature can introduce subjective elements into logic. the whole "nothing is absolute" argument defeats itself. logic seems the most productive method for discovering and questioning and stuff.
                  do you have a brain or a transistor radio between your ears?

PS: How about my humour?
                  Regards,

Patrick Van der Veken
                  http://www.baanboard.com
                  'True strength lies in gentleness - Irish proverb'

Comment

• laff

i think the others were gonna let this thread die, and i would agree with that. but you went and bumped it.

Comment

• Hey TWTCommish, This was not wasteful
                      You have actually made me think quite a bit!
                      Thanks man

as for this jakeman fellow, Dude just ignor him hes obviously a complete waste of time!

Again thu thanks man

Comment

• Originally posted by PsychDrone
                        as for this jakeman fellow, Dude just ignor him hes obviously a complete waste of time!
                        you mean me? thanks. i know. i obviously know nothing. twhcommish and chris know everything, it's futile to argue with them cos they are already right. i'm sorry i wasted everyone's time.

let's see, i'm going to worship satan now.

Comment

• No need to get all sarcasticly melodramatic. I think you're an intelligent guy with some obvious biases, personally, as made partially evident by the fact that most others here see the problems, yet you don't.
                          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

• oh oh!!! i just thought of a quote from my fav TV show (movie actually):

"Believing one's self to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind trying to attack what he doesn't understand."

Data ownzorz nOObies.

ok so like, i'm delusional cos i think i'm perfect and right and you are wrong.

hmm, that wasn't the best quote for this i guess. but yeah, there are problems with my arguments, but i know i'm right... and that makes two of us.

Comment

• one more thing... instead of calling me a 'complete waste of time', child, etc try... not calling me those things. i don't appreciate the slander. there is only agreement and disagreement. choose your words accordingly por favor.

Comment

• Nobody is a waste of time. Let's say Jakeman has a way of bringing people to the edge
                                Regards,

Patrick Van der Veken
                                http://www.baanboard.com
                                'True strength lies in gentleness - Irish proverb'

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X