X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• korniva
    replied
    Originally posted by xilian View Post
    Might be just me, but I run 2 different forums with ~2.000 visitors pr. site each day.
    After I gave people access via tapatalk and forumrunner I'm noticing that people post less.
    I'm thinking all the lazy people out there just read, and instead of using power and
    time on writing new posts/replies with their phones/tablets they simply drop it.

Is it just me?
    Its the beauty of the mobile generation where with these smartphones you can even use forums and drop them to the site once you are done.

Leave a comment:

• gravelo
    replied
    We must agree that a laptop or a desktop offers much more comfort that a phone. Maybe a tablet can be ok also. But usually you access the web on your phone when you are in the metro, in a bar, etc. you would not begin to write in a forum, no matter if the GUI is a state of the art. My opinion is that forums should target people that are at home in front of a large screen lying on the bed or in a large chair. Or maybe those that spend time on the toilets (just joking).

Leave a comment:

• havet
    replied
    One of the biggest reason is that it's an open source platform. It has a huge developer community, actively working. Hence it any person faces any problem in the development phase, there is a quick help available ate the back end. The community members are always available for support. Hence this increases the use of Android development.

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    replied
    thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Not that I think it will change, but a good mobile theme never hurts

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    That is unusual I have to say....

Make sure you have a mobile optimised web style as well...many prefer that for forums. vB5 covers this by default but for vB4 you're looking at third party stuff. Search for Dartho on vbulletin.org, his is widely respected as one of the best.

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    replied
    Thats the weird thing. The forum that suffers most is the one with youngest users. They range from 15-30.
    The other one wich people post is 30-60 years old. If it was the other way around, it would make sense, but it doesnt.

And the main reason for me enabling tapa/forumrunner was to get MORE traffic, instead I get less...
    (I get visits, but no posts..)

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    My personal view is that most mobile/cell interfaces are difficult to post with. This is just a limitation of the devices themselves. I often fancy posting on my own forum, which has quite a well designed mobile/cell interface, but STILL I find it better to wait until I get home.

I think possibly, the "younger generation" who have grown up using Facebook on phones, don't find this a problem. It's a generational thing.

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    started a topic Mobile solutions good or bad?

Mobile solutions good or bad?

Might be just me, but I run 2 different forums with ~2.000 visitors pr. site each day.
    After I gave people access via tapatalk and forumrunner I'm noticing that people post less.
    I'm thinking all the lazy people out there just read, and instead of using power and
    time on writing new posts/replies with their phones/tablets they simply drop it.

Is it just me?