Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Members here Think about Flat Rate Support with Upgrades / Updates included ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    it's fine the way it is
    also this poll wouldn't change anything even if there were more then 10 votes
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

    Comment


    • #47
      The TO has created a poll trying to express his opinion about the licensing system. And if some of you like it or not, he has all rights to do so as a vBulletin customer, it's not against the rules.
      But it makes no more sense to discuss anything what's against the opinion of the same 5 people who praise everything what's happening here and rant against all who express the opposite.
      Instead belittling the TO better try to think about why you are the last 5 members being satisfied with vB5 and the current licensing system responsible for all this mess.
      Happy New Year.
      .......

      Comment


      • #48
        Where was it stated the customer didn't have a right to his opinion? Others have the right to disagree. IB has a right to set the pricing structure as they deem in the best interests of their business. The argument is in that this is simply not a constructive discussion topic. The pricing is set in stone. The proper way to disagree with the pricing structure is to not pay for the product.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ProSportsForums View Post
          The argument is in that this is simply not a constructive discussion topic. The pricing is set in stone. The proper way to disagree with the pricing structure is to not pay for the product.
          The licensing system is one of the most, if not even the most important value regarding software development.
          Current licensing model = more income for IB (?), especially when a new version is released; they are forced to develop and release new versions as quick as possible to increase money flow, resulting in --> low product quality --> disappointed customers --> fewer sales in the long run

          Old licensing model = less income for IB when a new version is released but more or less consistent income over time; no need to rush development, resulting in --> stable and high quality product --> satisfied customers --> more sales in the long run
          .......

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
            The licensing system is one of the most, if not even the most important value regarding software development.
            Current licensing model = more income for IB (?), especially when a new version is released; they are forced to develop and release new versions as quick as possible to increase money flow, resulting in --> low product quality --> disappointed customers --> fewer sales in the long run

            Old licensing model = less income for IB when a new version is released but more or less consistent income over time; no need to rush development, resulting in --> stable and high quality product --> satisfied customers --> more sales in the long run


            vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
              why you are the last 5 members being satisfied with vB5 and the current licensing system
              I think there are at least 10 users who like vb5

              but what do I know..
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
                YOU don't seriously think that the license structure for vBulletin 5 is going to change because he posted a poll, do you?
                Who said that? And that is besides the point btw. What I said is that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion even if that will not change anything.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Just like my opinion about our current Government...
                  I can jump up and down but it ain't going to change anything...
                  I bet all of you also have opinions about the Government if you live in US...I also bet each of you sometime in past you have disagreed with it...
                  and mentioned it to someone...That's what I did...

                  To tell me not to buy the product as protest is simply stupid...

                  That's like saying Don't Pay Taxes to our Government, because I disagree with them sometimes...

                  Well I still like the software when it works correctly, I understand development takes time, and I sure as hell like being an AMERICAN and living here...

                  I have traveled to other countries Like Venezuela and I can tell you they live nothing like us here...
                  Here I go again...
                  I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
                  www.freedomofspeech.cc
                  ... Been around for yrs

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Plus the Poll is totally useless...
                    I was reading and trying to catch up and we as forum owner can alter poll results...
                    Well so could they here...and no one would ever know...
                    So if you Mods or admin would ..
                    Go ahead and remove the poll altogether...
                    Here I go again...
                    I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
                    www.freedomofspeech.cc
                    ... Been around for yrs

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Inspector G View Post
                      Plus the Poll is totally useless...
                      I was reading and trying to catch up and we as forum owner can alter poll results...
                      Well so could they here...and no one would ever know...
                      So if you Mods or admin would ..
                      Go ahead and remove the poll altogether...
                      That sounds more than a little paranoid. You post a silly poll and get very few responses, most of them negative, and you conclude that it's because vBulletin staff is doctoring the results?

                      Shaky logic there, bud.
                      Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                      Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Pro sports I can afford a few more stupid ideas at a Buck...lol

                        and Paul my world is collapsing..lol that was funny...
                        I missed those..lol

                        No big deal I am working on my site and its all good, no need to change things because I thought it may work out better a different way...
                        You clearly wrote this software and can do as you like without my opinion one way or the other..

                        I do actually Respect that, I was just throwing an idea around...

                        I see it has grown to 4 pages...I will check back from time to time just to see...lol
                        I see a lot of things have changed in the software also from just 4.0 to 4.2 I thought it was easier when I did not have mods installed and had to tweak every aspect, but functionality is improving...
                        I can not wait until 5 goes gold...
                        Once I am done building and structuring my 4.2 up to semi par, I will then move to setting up the vb5 I own and I will continue to pay what the current rate is for support throughout those times...
                        Hows that for letting Go?
                        Thanks to everyone for your opinions even if you wanted to slap me in the head....lol
                        Here I go again...
                        I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
                        www.freedomofspeech.cc
                        ... Been around for yrs

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
                          That sounds more than a little paranoid. You post a silly poll and get very few responses, most of them negative, and you conclude that it's because vBulletin staff is doctoring the results?

                          Shaky logic there, bud.
                          Who said that it is a silly poll? If it is to you then you should say imo as you do not represent all users here to speak for everyone.

                          On another note, if you have nothing constructive to add then maybe you should shut up and let others participate. Also you should lay off people that have different opinions than yourself to express freely whatever they think without you trying to suppress them or being sarcastic (read pathetic) with your insults.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by borbole View Post
                            Who said that it is a silly poll? If it is to you then you should say imo as you do not represent all users here to speak for everyone.

                            On another note, if you have nothing constructive to add then maybe you should shut up and let others participate. Also you should lay off people that have different opinions than yourself to express freely whatever they think without you trying to suppress them or being sarcastic (read pathetic) with your insults.
                            I stand corrected. Please rephrase to:

                            That sounds more than a little paranoid. You post a poll that would be considered silly and pointless by anyone not cognitively impaired and get very few responses, most of them negative, and you conclude that it's because vBulletin staff is doctoring the results?

                            Shaky logic there, bud.
                            Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                            Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I did not say that the results were due to meddling...
                              I stated that since they could be tampered with and, there were a few folks more than reflected in the poll...
                              Add them up...
                              That did say they agreed with me that we could not be sure...

                              I did not say I felt as though they were doing it...
                              That would be paranoid...

                              I simply was posting in agreement with the useless poll...
                              Despite how useless it was there is almost 5 pages of debates...60 Posts...Hmm
                              Everyone from the Site admins, to the lowest level..ME..

                              So I guess in some sorted way, it must be of some relevance...
                              To someone..
                              Otherwise you would have keep on cruising by saying...
                              I don't really feel like wasting my time with this again...
                              Anyhow thanks for wasting your time on a useless post...lol

                              The bad thing is you are Involved with Mental Health...
                              Glad your not my doctor...
                              If that's how you Diagnose someone...
                              With Paranoid Delusions...You should know better than that...
                              I will gladly stay with the Free clinic, if that's my other choice...lol

                              - - - Updated - - -

                              I dont care I like the Debate...lol
                              Last edited by Inspector G; Sat 16th Feb '13, 4:00pm.
                              Here I go again...
                              I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
                              www.freedomofspeech.cc
                              ... Been around for yrs

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                To be honest we've a lot better things to be doing than altering poll results. Stick to The X Files.
                                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                                TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X