Warez Sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warez Sites?

I was just wondering if there is an organization or whatever where you can report warez sites...

I know of the one here at VB for vb files being distributed, but i was wondering if there is one that specializes in warez?

Thanks

FBI?

Comment

You can also report these sites to the software companies whose software they are distributing. They don't like to lose money so they will probably go after them much quicker and more aggressively than the government!
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The other place is the Business Software Alliance (BSA) who is probably who the companies will refer you to anyway. They are basically a big alliance that goes after piracy among other things.

If it's games, try the Interactive Digital Software Association (IDSA) - they are the industry group that, among other things, does the ESRB ratings and goes after pirates.

Comment

well, they are based in australia, so i dunno how the laws there work

the thing is that i had hosted a site for a while until i found out it was a warez site, which i then closed down

i don't want the guy trying to say that i hosted his site knowing he had warez and blah blah...

what do u guys recommend?

Comment

Once again, let the software companies know. They have a vested interest in shutting these sites down and will have the means to do it.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The BSA is world-wide.
              http://www.bsaa.com.au/

Comment

Report to all of their upline providers, fbi, bsa, and all the software they're ripping... simultaneously. And in the letter warn the host that they have now been notified of the piracy. If they don't take action from there they will be found negligient.
                Well, there it is.
                - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X