Poison applet blights browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison applet blights browsers

Crackers can use a malicious Java applet to hijack Internet sessions - leaving victims not so blissfully unaware.

Exploiters can re-direct Web traffic once it has left the proxy server to a destination of the attacker's choice, Microsoft warns.

The software giant has issued a patch which it describes as "critical" for client systems. Netscape advises users to upgrade to either version 6.2 and 6.2.1 of its browser (which includes an updated Sun JVM plug-in) that guards against this potential risk.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/24295.html
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

*laugh*

this is becoming a regular thing..

Comment

hmmm
      this is starting to get quite annoying, all these M$ bugs, arghhh
      unbelievable
      You're my Prince of Peace
      And I will live my life for You

Comment

Netscape advises users to upgrade to either version 6.2 and 6.2.1 of its browser (which includes an updated Sun JVM plug-in) that guards against this potential risk.
        forums: pcfx.cc
        gallery: here

Comment

Who should read this bulletin: Customers using Microsoft® Internet Explorer® in a configuration where a proxy server is interposed between the browser and the Internet.
          http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/MS02-013.asp
          You're my Prince of Peace
          And I will live my life for You

Comment

Sun JVM is also affected, unknown number of previous versions on a undisclosed number of platforms. But 1.3.1_02 appearing for all platforms indicates the scope of the exploit.

See Sun Bulletin 00216 (when its released).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X