X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you feel if you got this:

Followup Response sent by Support on 2002-03-02 at 06:49:30:

Hi,

Your site and all of its files and databases have been moved to a new server. A new welcome letter has been sent as well. If you are seeing a page other than your own when you visit your site now, it is because your ISP has your site cached at its old IP location instead of its new one. You can confirm your site is working by going to the IP in your new setup letter, or by loading your site from a proxy server such as http://www.megaproxy.com

Chad Diamantopoulos
    HostRocket.com Support

P.S. Did I tell you that I lost your database? SURPRISE!!!!

http://forums.hostrocket.com/showthr...1021#post42169

Man that table width at the hostrocket site has to go....
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

then again www.hostrocketsucks.com
      btw is that a greek guy?
      You're my Prince of Peace
      And I will live my life for You

Comment

lol @ hostrocket threatening him with legal action. Its his freedom of speech and he isnt lying he is just speaking the truth. He should sue hostrocket for false advertisement.

Comment

Re: How would you feel if you got this:

Originally posted by Strike
          If you are seeing a page other than your own when you visit your site now, it is because your ISP has your site cached at its old IP location instead of its new one.
          Since I use a different ISP than you, this really wouldn't explain why I still don't see your page (I'm still getting the HR Spam Policy page). It also doesn't explain why your domain is not showing up with nslookup and traceroute. Is HR handling your domain as well?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It doesn't mattaer now. I think I'm going to find a new host anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Strike
              It doesn't mattaer now. I think I'm going to find a new host anyway.
              But the fact that these guys have killed your traffic completely for the past few days... you shouldn't let them get away with that. When your site's back up dedicate a link on every freakin' page just to complain about them... until they give you some sort of compensation or apology. This just ain't right.
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

They never apologized to me for losing my site for 39 hours. Instead they threatened to ban me from their forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Im glad i went with ventures online instead of them .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger
                    Im glad i went with ventures online instead of them .
                    It was because of HR that I ended up at VO!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I had this HostRocket smam policy page issue on my site also for almost 24 hrs.

was getting massive amount of people emailing me about spam problems, thinking i was being shut down??

very aggitating.

fixed now though
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I'm not real clear on the facts here but if they deleted your database they are responsible for that, I'd be looking at a lawsuit.

(Don't ever ask me about my experienced with TeraByte.net)
                        Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

I personally prefer www.valvenetwork.com for my web hosting. Not to mention if you have vBulletin trouble they can help you because they are running it for their support boards

Comment

don't you have database backup?

Comment

Yep, got that as well

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X