Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that is a good idea, to go through and see who voted.
    I dont think the owner of IXGA was even awair his board was in the running, I messaged him, but he never replied ..

Anyway, I think that would be the best alternative to deciding this months winner, and then incorporate the new rule for next months.

Something I was kinda of confused about. After scott made the post, why would you not remove the post?? Errr, confusing...
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

There will be no poll for april:

vB Board of the Month - April no voting cause no poll! as announced by s.molinari

Comment

I agree with everything that has been said regarding 'vote rigging' and I'm very sad that this has most probably brought about the end of this competition.

Comment

nevermind I am just being a idiot.
          neogeniseva
          Last edited by neogeniseva; Mon 1 Apr '02, 6:23pm.

Comment

Originally posted by s.molinari
            Hello all,

There is no rule for "campaigning" or rather gathering up votes through the users of your own board. It is however, not correct. A board should win through honest, creative and obvious hard work. Not through rallying.

I will add a rule for next months poll but since it's not a rule yet I can only respectfully ask that any "campaigning" come to a halt. And I would be greatly appreciative if those who are "guilty" abide to my request. Thanks.

Scott

This was already known halfway the voting, and in the thread on his page you could read (he has 'suddenly' removed it) users says "you now have 38 votes".. He was cheating, he didn't listen to your advice, and you already mentioned that way of winning is not the right way. Yet you let him win.

There was this one user saying we were crying that we did not losse, is the childish behaviour I actually see. Since we only point out this is not the way to win. Even if he doesn't win, doesn't make me a winner. Which I already mentioned.

I think it is a shame that the no vote in april is just a aprils fool joke. I wouldn't mind that you made a point by actually stopping the vote. But since you are the mod, you can do what you want. And I am still happy to be on the list for March. Which was already an honor for my new board.

Comment

Originally posted by afterlab
              Ok, i'm sick and tired of this.. Xiphoid.. Did I say I don't honor the fact that I was in this at all? Did I force members to vote for me? Not at all.

In fact, the thread specifically said these words:
              "If you have a vBulletin license and registered at vBulletin.com, drop by this thread: (LINK WAS HERE). Once there, check out the sites and vote for who you think should win."

I never promoted people to just come onto the Forums and vote. I was simply advertising this thread to vBulletin licensed members who were at my own Forums.

I feel that if I was to have "cheated" and got all my members to vote for my Forums, then it wouldn't have been close. I remember the first post I put into this thread, and I was up by 3. It was like 10 to 7 (FFR : IXGA). That was back before I, myself, ever discovered I was nominated.
              In a way, yes, you did ask your members to vote for you. I have read the threads on your forum, which have disappeared.
              I understand you are tired of it. But it was obvious, and I am not the only one who thinks like this. I am sorry.

"If you have a vBulletin license and registered at vBulletin.com, drop by this thread: (LINK WAS HERE). Once there, check out the sites and vote for who you think should win."

?? I read ??

"I am registered there, I am on the vote list (out of five) and I just have to win this award. I ask you to vote for FFR, I will not ban you , but it is appriciated.".

But anyway. This will get us no where.
              Congratulations with the win. Enjoy it.
              I won't reply to this no more, it does not only annoy me, but also others. And this is "thanks to me and others" turning into a flame/troll war. Which I do not like myself either.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by afterlab
                In fact, the thread specifically said these words:

I never promoted people to just come onto the Forums and vote. I was simply advertising this thread to vBulletin licensed members who were at my own Forums.
                I'm really sorry to get involved with this, I wasn't going to but your post just made me furious.

The thread did not say that, because I was there when Jakeman first posted the link, and it specifically said "this is my all time dream, go there and vote for me and help me win" (with your words, of course).
                No where did you even mention "license", let alone "check out the sites and decide".
                Comfortably enough you deleted the thread now, so it's your word again mine.

But I really don't care. Whether or not what you did is ok is upto Scott to decide, and it looks like he already did. Personally I don't agree, but I'm in no position to decide anything.
                Just don't lie.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Deleted garbage was here
                  Freddie Bingham
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  Last edited by Freddie Bingham; Mon 1 Apr '02, 9:18am.

Comment

I think it is time to consider this contest to be moved to another site.

Comment

Originally posted by neogeniseva
                      Maybe due to the fact no one likes your site!?!?!
                      maybe i didn't make my point clear. i am not complaining here. i'm sorry you don't like my site. i'm working on some new stuff, maybe you will like it then.

So you can ***** and whine all you want to me, but no no I am not going to be your Daddy here. So lets get over this stupid idea that Jakeman come up with since he didnt win and give FFR what they deserve.
                      once again, maybe i didn't get my point accross. i think FFR was the best site this month, i voted for them. but this has nothing to do with my saying FFR is wrong for rallying votes on their forums.

Comment

Maybe due to the fact no one likes your site!?!?!

No come on people you are all acting like a bunch of kids crying about not winning then trying to put some crap on FFR thats total bs, just because they won and not you. FFR did win but for those of you that are going to say they cheated and stuff like that.. maybe you shouldnt own a site seeing how you dotn have the mental power to run one good enough.

So you can ***** and whine all you want to me, but no no I am not going to be your Daddy here. So lets get over this stupid idea that Jakeman come up with since he didnt win and give FFR what they deserve.

and I do own vb.
                        That was uncalled for, rude and disrespectful. If you do indeed own vB, then please add your username to the form in the members area.

Jake is perfectly entitled to have an opinion on this as we all are. And you have no right to come along and post a message like that.

Comment

Hmmmm.....I wonder if future polls shouldn't be placed in a forum where licensed members only can post. This would help eliminate some of the ballot-box stuffing and hopefully *some* of the childish name-calling as well.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                            Hmmmm.....I wonder if future polls shouldn't be placed in a forum where licensed members only can post
                            omg. duh. that's a great idea smachol!

Comment

I got a solid third place !!

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                                Hmmmm.....I wonder if future polls shouldn't be placed in a forum where licensed members only can post. This would help eliminate some of the ballot-box stuffing and hopefully *some* of the childish name-calling as well.
                                I support it.
                                Founder of Gamertag Nation
                                Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X