X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Overgrow
    High again xiphoid, I do like your site for sure. It is very easy to get around but I think the problem is that it uses the default vBulletin color scheme and some of the buttons. Also the header/logo graphic is not as creative as it could be. Other than that, it is an amazing job done through template editing.. also I really like the "top list" at the bottom of the main page, I might do something like that for my site.

"Looking stock" -- stock means unmodified, it looks out-of-the-box. This comes from the default colors and buttons. Hope that helps
    Hey again,
    Thank you for the compliments and the explanation.
    Yeah, some buttons have not yet been replaced, because I did not find the right ones to qualify. However the top menu has changed (gradient) using vButton tool The colour scheme is totally new and even has background images on the frontpage, which aren't out of the box But yeah, we are in our third month, and we have many months to go still, before we will be just the way I'd like to :P

Those stats on the frontpage is an addon from vBstats which I requested :P Check out Bane's site for the .txt file with instructions. It is very flexible and adjustable to make for your own site.

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    High again xiphoid, I do like your site for sure. It is very easy to get around but I think the problem is that it uses the default vBulletin color scheme and some of the buttons. Also the header/logo graphic is not as creative as it could be. Other than that, it is an amazing job done through template editing.. also I really like the "top list" at the bottom of the main page, I might do something like that for my site.

"Looking stock" -- stock means unmodified, it looks out-of-the-box. This comes from the default colors and buttons. Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Re: mini-reviews

Originally posted by Overgrow

Creations:
    -Nicely hacked but looks too stock.
    There have been applied one code hack "welcome panel" and added one statistics hack "vbstats" and the rest is done through templates! Thank you for liking my site (bummer I didn't get the vote)

I do not understand 'stock'.. can you explain this term to me a litte bit?

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    mini-reviews

FFR:
    -I wanted to see myRepublic, so I registered. The reg form is way too long. Need to make it simple so new guests aren't intimidated-- let them setup some of the options later.
    -ok got to see myRepublic (wanted to compare with myOvergrow), but its pretty much just the stats page with items added. Since I had no items, the gif's were broken
    -Overall a sharp looking site, all of the graphics were very clean and the layout was good.. but the main navigation buttons were mysterious with abbreviations. Also I'm a geezer and I don't understand these gaming sites nowadays

MyGroovyWedding:
    -stylish logo and header but the black text on purple really hurts, I couldn't browse for long.

iXga:
    -Nice.. I liked it. The green isn't my favorite and I don't like the welcome bar at the top of every page-- it makes the main content of the page start too far down, all the time. Overall well customized though.

Creations:
    -Nicely hacked but looks too stock.

FreeWebTools:
    -Overall very well done. I think this is the only one on the competition that is attractive enough to me from a UI point of view that I could stand using it every day. Some of the others are too garish or too graphical for no reason.

FFR gets my vote since FWT is just a little too stock.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by s.molinari
    Hello all,

There is no rule for "campaigning" or rather gathering up votes through the users of your own board. It is however, not correct. A board should win through honest, creative and obvious hard work. Not through rallying.

Scott
    Even though there is no rule for it, it is kind of obvious.

Leave a comment:

• dreamwatch
    replied
    Thankyou for clarifying that for me.

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    I don't beleive its right for a board to post and get all their members to vote and then thats it, thats not truely winning unfortunatly.
    I guess its up to the mods or s.molinari to figure out on this one. I was under the impression we weren't suppose to post anything until we had actually won. That only people that are licenced around here would vote..

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by dreamwatch
    Could someone clarify something for me - I notice that some of the other boards are encouraging their members to register and vote for them here at vB.com. Can someone just let me know if that's ok to do, because I know that some of my members would love to vote for our board, but I'd like to check before I actually give them a link here. Thanks.
    Uhm, you are right, I see at least three members registered this month, with one post. The post is that they vote for FFR

I told my members I was on vote, but I also told those who wanted to vote, that you needed to have a vB-license in order to vote. If they just register to vote on the board, I seriously think the mod should remove those votes. No matter whos board they vote for. (And FFR, with 3 votes revoked, you are still on top, so don't worry, and no, it is not personal).

Leave a comment:

• dreamwatch
    replied
    Could someone clarify something for me - I notice that some of the other boards are encouraging their members to register and vote for them here at vB.com. Can someone just let me know if that's ok to do, because I know that some of my members would love to vote for our board, but I'd like to check before I actually give them a link here. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tolitz
    replied
    Voted for Intense Xtreme Gaming Arena ... FFR is great but I'm not a big fan of bloated postbits (no offense, hehe)

IXGA got it just right, and it's not too busy on the eyes either... sometimes subtle is better...

Leave a comment:

• Mystic Stylez
    replied
    looks like it'll come down to FFR and IXGA.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    argh

killer competition!!

Leave a comment:

• Bane
    replied
    [email protected], I told you so bro

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by afterlab
    Thank you for everyone's support! I'm on cloud nine right now.
    your site is awesome, that's all there is to it.

Leave a comment:

• afterlab
    replied
    Thank you for everyone's support! I'm on cloud nine right now.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X