This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xiphoid
    /me gives you a nice jakeman cream pie (ok, dont ask how i got it)
    thief!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

thief!

I just wanted to return the cream pie with a bite, thought I'd to attach a google searched image, but when I entered creampie, I only got 500x pr0n replies. Best not to post them

Comment

like this?

Comment

rofl

Comment

Maybe it's time this contest was run somewhere else, like vBulletin.org, where you can install some modifications on the polling routine...

I'm getting ready to run an awards voting program on my site and there is no way I would allow new users to cast a vote.. it's far to easy to stuff the ballot box with newbs who register just to participate in the poll. I'm not accusing anyone of box-stuffing here, just offering a point that it is very easy to cure these polling problems.

I have a few check-routines in place that allow you to mark a poll as "restricted" and then put a registration date for error checking-- if the user was not registered before a certain date, they cannot vote in the poll. Makes sense doesn't it? Why allow new users to register just to vote?
            vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
            Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
            presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!

Comment

Congrats FFR on the win in a very close race.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
                Congrats FFR on the win in a very close race.
                lol
                Board of the Month: November
                Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Thanks c-prompt! May you have the best of luck with your own Forums, xaxay.

BTW: Sinecure, what's so funny? You silly dog you. ;D
                  Founder of Gamertag Nation
                  Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

if only people with 100 or more posts could vote then i have a feeling this poll would have 1/3 the votes.

Comment

Well.. I don't have 100 posts here. Reason being is because I don't need much help and troubleshooting with the vBulletin system.
                      Founder of Gamertag Nation
                      Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

i am accusing people of stuffing the vote box by registering new accounts and rallying on their forums to get biased votes. the poll this month has at least 3x the votes of any other month.

Comment

http://forums.ffrepublic.com/showthr...p?threadid=488

i think this is very wrong. when my site was in the running i only got 13 votes. i could have easily got 40+ by posting a thread on my forums but i didn't because those are biased votes.

Comment

I entirely back up Jakeman on this one, In my honest opinion, I believe IXGA would have won, but oh well, its all over now...
                            In addition to that, I noticed on that thread that about 7-8 people said they voted for you. Thats 7-8 that normally woouldn't have..Just doesn't seem like an honest win to me.
                            Last edited by Sinecure; Mon 1 Apr '02, 12:22am.
                            Board of the Month: November
                            Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                            Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

i actually like FFR the best, i voted for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                                i am accusing people of stuffing the vote box by registering new accounts and rallying on their forums to get biased votes. the poll this month has at least 3x the votes of any other month.
                                I told my users on my board that this would be against the rules, and they should not register here. I did however put the link in my signature, but even with that, I did not get further then 30 votes! And the mod mentioned this will not be allowed.

I must say I kind of agree with you jakeman. It was also pretty funny that after the first week of 'us' mentioning the postings of newly regged users stopped, but one week later there appeared five to ten votes per board every somewhat days.

I counted around 10 votes in that board from users who said they voted for FFR. (read the thread jakemen mentioned)

I seriously think this is cheating.
                                His motivation is: I just have to win .. (which reads to me: and I will do anything to achieve that)

I hereby ask the mod to go through the users who voted and compare them against their registration date, before comming to a conclusion who won this round.

And no, even I do not do this just to win, I won't even become second So don't you worry about that.

Personally I think it is an honor to be on the list, and winning is just extra fun. Informing people I am on the list is just striking ego, but not campagning. And in my eyes.. Intense Xtreme Gaming Arena is the winner for this month. (unless ofcourse, they did the same)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X