Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High again xiphoid, I do like your site for sure. It is very easy to get around but I think the problem is that it uses the default vBulletin color scheme and some of the buttons. Also the header/logo graphic is not as creative as it could be. Other than that, it is an amazing job done through template editing.. also I really like the "top list" at the bottom of the main page, I might do something like that for my site.

"Looking stock" -- stock means unmodified, it looks out-of-the-box. This comes from the default colors and buttons. Hope that helps
    vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
    Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
    presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Overgrow
      High again xiphoid, I do like your site for sure. It is very easy to get around but I think the problem is that it uses the default vBulletin color scheme and some of the buttons. Also the header/logo graphic is not as creative as it could be. Other than that, it is an amazing job done through template editing.. also I really like the "top list" at the bottom of the main page, I might do something like that for my site.

"Looking stock" -- stock means unmodified, it looks out-of-the-box. This comes from the default colors and buttons. Hope that helps
      Hey again,
      Thank you for the compliments and the explanation.
      Yeah, some buttons have not yet been replaced, because I did not find the right ones to qualify. However the top menu has changed (gradient) using vButton tool The colour scheme is totally new and even has background images on the frontpage, which aren't out of the box But yeah, we are in our third month, and we have many months to go still, before we will be just the way I'd like to :P

Those stats on the frontpage is an addon from vBstats which I requested :P Check out Bane's site for the .txt file with instructions. It is very flexible and adjustable to make for your own site.

Comment

I took another look at the open forum and you're right, there is a lot of customization on the home page. I like the gradients and the mouseoverlinks. I think what is holding it back is the header. Maybe a new logo and new buttons/layout-- with a new header it would not look at all like the stock vB. Also the background purple does it as well.
        vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
        Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
        presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Overgrow
          I took another look at the open forum and you're right, there is a lot of customization on the home page. I like the gradients and the mouseoverlinks. I think what is holding it back is the header. Maybe a new logo and new buttons/layout-- with a new header it would not look at all like the stock vB. Also the background purple does it as well.
          Yeah you are right there, maybe it is my bad luck that the forum style we came up with last year was purple, and when purchased vB they used purple too We actually are developing our personal logo and header/footer (menu included) after this development the button set will be more easy to set up.

btw, I just upgraded to version 2.2.4 !! whoei Nice fix vB team

Comment

*sigh* doesn't seem like an honest win to me.
            Umm lol, look at xiphoids sig
            Board of the Month: November
            Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
            Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinecure

what? ??

Comment

i see that Free webmaster tools forum is up there.

they have changed servers and there url is: http://www.free-webmaster-tools.com/forum/

any chance of having it changed? so everyone can see the forums.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinecure
                  I am equally annoyed with his sig.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt

I am equally annoyed with his sig.
                    I sence in the other voting thread, you kind of suddenly have something against me?
                    Now you start here? Comon.. Explain to me if I am wrong, and why and what if I am right, actually is your problem with me. Geez. I seriously feel personally being attacked by you here.

Comment

You are campaigning in your sig with a link to voting and saying to vote for you! That is wrong man. That is no different than campaigning on your forum to go vote. Its not right.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
                        You are campaigning in your sig with a link to voting and saying to vote for you! That is wrong man. That is no different than campaigning on your forum to go vote. Its not right.
                        And that is a reason to jump on me like you are doing the last few days? I do not think so. Flaming isn't really appriciated. Instead of pointing it out, you are flaming (in my eyes).

I have not yet found a rule against doing this, the end-user always can check out the other boards and vote on them. It is a request, not a command.

Comment

vote: creations.nl

Comment

Originally posted by jmonto
                            vote: creations.nl
                            You have to click my site and press vote
                            saying you vote wont give the vote :P

Comment

there are 3x as many votes this month

Comment

wow
                                Intense Xtreme Gaming Arena
                                just got about 8 votes at once
                                this morning 28, now 36

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X