This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin Administrator, No Super Admin Rights, No Purchase or License Info

Ok here's my dilema. A website owner (Government Affiliated) lost it's contract however the other company decided to keep the forums and site running on their own tab. Because the Admins that were SuperAdmin no longer work on the site, I and few others were made Administrators and Moderators prior to them leaving however, now the site is becoming cluttered with no Site Super Admin to restructure the forums and so on. After talking with other Admins I was appointed to be Super Admin and a couple of others since we are "All" volunteers now maintaining the site.... after decision went and tried to modify the config but unable to....?

when i log into the Admin Panel don't get the Admin CPL or the Forum Manager, i think they halfway made us admins prior to their quiting. How does one go about becoming the Super Admin in this case. I can provide all the information for the site except billing info if that makes any sense...

Does VBulletin have the ability to access a site that is sort of abandoned in order to change owners without taking the site down or losing any data in the forums? if so, who do i contact with the details?

Thank You very much for your assistance in advance. we are also running VBAdvance CPMS.

If i can at minimum recover the Forum Manager module with admin rights, that will be suffice until the owners figure out a solution for mnagement since they are a major company so to speak...

Support is only provided to vBulletin License Holders (the person who actually purchased it.)

You will need to contact them to be added to their account of have them officially transfer the software to you.

We can not do anything to help you until that happens.

If you have FTP access to the site and reaching the license owner is impossible you can purchase your own licensed copy of vBulletin and simply overwrite the old files with your own, it will keep all existing data (like posts) in tack.

As this is not a support forum I am going to need to close this thread.

If you do get in touch with the license holder have them open a support ticket to initiate a transfer or they log into their Member's Are and add your email address to "Priority Forum Support" so you show as a licensed user on this forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X