Whats right for me .com or .co.uk for my forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equinox101
    • Jan 2007

Whats right for me .com or .co.uk for my forum?

Hi all,

OK so i'm on the brink of getting vbulletin that much i know to design my new forum. I'm from the UK and i have web addresses of both .com and .co.uk. What i'm not sure is which should i use to build my vb forum on? if i use .co.uk then i expect to gain a relatively quick UK following but at the same time may not get as much interest from around the world which is something that i would like to get, but if i use .com then i may struggle to get a uk following but could get a world wide following easier? Sounds like i've answered the question myself in a way but i don't believe i have. anyone got any suggestions or thoughts. Its for a topic that is niche but gaining popularity in the UK and has a following in USA too. If anyone has experience of creating forums through co.uk or similar and .com would love to hear your thoughts.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

.com in my mind (clearly not from the uk) is easier and more common to type.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000
      • 6.0.X

Do you want to target the UK audience or the World Audience. I know right off the bat that a co.uk domain isn't usually going to be suitable for my needs so I just skip it and go to the next search engine result. It is the difference between 53.2 million potential visitors or several billion potential visitors. Of course your niche determines this as well.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• equinox101
        • Jan 2007

thanks for the input guys.
        I believe i'll go for the .com, i think the uk audience will be my initial target, but i aim to make the forum valuable to the world audience so thats the way i'll go

Comment

• vjykmr89
          • Aug 2012

If you want to improve your business in India only then take .co.in.

Comment

• Paulman
            • Aug 2012

I'd say .com. It's more flexibel and you'll get audience from all over the world. Not just the UK.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎