The use of vBulletin in e-commerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The use of vBulletin in e-commerce

We are the owners Mirat.eu shop and reflect on the building of a large group of members gathered AROUND store.
    Do you use a script vBulletin is a good option?
    Andrew

vBulletin isn't a store nor an e-commerce solution. It's a forum witht he option to have a CMS and Blog also - these can be made to sit alongside your store but if you wish to integrate it, you'll need to do that yourself.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

its a forum with blog and article system but I've seen this paid store add-on http://www.vbcover.com/icart.php

Comment

one thing i can say is i don't see why vbulletin suite can't be used as e-commerce and i wouldn't be surprised if some people haven't already started using in this way. I think the cms part could be used as simple shopping/purchasing of products very easily surely? well on a small scale i would tink?

Comment

Originally posted by Razgo View Post
          one thing i can say is i don't see why vbulletin suite can't be used as e-commerce and i wouldn't be surprised if some people haven't already started using in this way. I think the cms part could be used as simple shopping/purchasing of products very easily surely? well on a small scale i would tink?
          Honestly, I think this would be difficult in the current state. Possibly, low volume digital downloads. However the software doesn't include invoicing, order tracking, shipping/tax management or inventory tracking. These are all very important to ecommerce.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

yep, just for small things. using paypal would be the easiest to integrate but outside of that i guess its a different story.

Comment

Added an Amazon store to a couple of my forums and has attracted a good additional income source.

Comment

Originally posted by TTG View Post
                Added an Amazon store to a couple of my forums and has attracted a good additional income source.
                Embedding eCommerce from other locations is good and works well.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I have built and run numerous ecommerce sites which leverage heavily off forums. Basically use the forum to build a community that keeps coming back and have goods available to sell to them almost as a secondary consideration. People dont like shopping in isolation. A community around a store reassures them...
                  Australian e-Commerce Community

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X