X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevinj
    replied
    Oops, didn't realize mate...feel soo stupid, thanks for letting me know, i should take more notice of the post dates .

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• SaintDog
    replied
    umm...this thread is over a year old, just in case you didn't take notice, no reason to bring back a "dead thread" .

Leave a comment:

• kevinj
    replied
    Yeah, yeah, I was once like floleb7.
    I went from free forums, ubb, phpbb, IB etc etc.

One thing to note for ya, paid software does have at least a reason to be a paid software. And when you realize that, you are an adult. j/k It does not mean free ones are bad. it's that paid software does have reaons to be there and be used. They have their places such as for large commercial. They are designed for that. Free ones are generally for small / hobby and mid size sites although you do have choice of using paid ones.
    Second that mate, I've gone through all the free message boards, thinking that i don't have to pay for anything, but i have finally realised that you get what you pay for, so i am purchasing a liscense at the end of the month.

Regards,
    kevin

Leave a comment:

• Sn2
    replied
    i'd only touch them for small to medium projects and when im outta cash

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    The freeware boards just do not have the same security 'feel' as vB. That is why I do not use them. But as a design, phpBB stands out of the rest of those freeware boards. openBB shouldn't be in the top3. burning board looks too much vB, but is a nice alternative!

Since I have been using vB, I know for sure that freeware boards are not to be touched no more :P

Leave a comment:

• nemesis01
    replied
    /Deep breath

EZBOARD RULES SUCKAS.

/Runs away

Leave a comment:

• jgrillone
    replied
    phpbb2

very impressed with it, solid software, original thinking on modifications
    portgresql 7 support, nice community of people, it would be nice if this community could be so versed in net edicate,

Leave a comment:

• Craig Armstrong
    replied
    I think I'll stick with vB. But if I ever needed to use a free BBS, I'd have to go with phpBB2. I'd also suggest Ikonboard for those more familiar with Perl rather than PHP.

Leave a comment:

• Goldfinger
    replied
    freddie i like your new avatar .

Leave a comment:

• floleb7
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Do I need to bring up the thread Me2Be's post about discussing other forum software? This type of discussion would be more appropiately held at a webhosting forum.
    i look this thread before posting http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=36725 and this line :
    While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatent bashing of other boards.

so IMO this topic is in the right

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Do I need to bring up the thread Me2Be's post about discussing other forum software? This type of discussion would be more appropiately held at a webhosting forum.

Leave a comment:

• klisis
    replied
    phpbb 2 has become good. Try them.

Originally posted by floleb7
    so what do you think about free bulletin board (not a compare with vB please) ?

Leave a comment:

• floleb7
    replied
    so what do you think about free bulletin board (not a compare with vB please) ?

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    Free BB's are good only to a point, like many of you have said. However, how many of them offer the great support that vB offers? How many offer as many hacks that vB has? The folks at vB are paid to make the board, and give support, so therefore, they are encouraged to make it as good as they can. The free BB people offer limited support, and the hacks, well, if they even do have hacks, they are limited. Nobody is encouraged to do anything because nobody is paid. Now I'm not sure if FireFly is paid or not, because I'm not sure if he's a part of the Jelsoft staff, but with his knowledge I would think so...The same goes with some of the other mods, Sinecure, eva2000, smachol, etc. So IMO, vB is the best Remember the old saying: "You get what you pay for", and in this case, you can see how true it really is

Leave a comment:

• floleb7
    replied
    Originally posted by xCRYINGoutLOUDx
    haha.. i tried to use wbb the other day just for the hell of it.. and the installer program didn't even work.. bah thats what you get for using a free board... me? im just a vb whore

i have install wbb this morning to see the admin panel and others stuffs no install prob so maybe the prob was your 2 left hands

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X