This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin vs UBB

Which is the best forum currently: UBB, VBULLETIN, or OTHERS?
    Vbulletin
    91.67%
    Ubb
    4.17%
    Other
    4.17%

I don't think there is even a need for this poll on this support forum.
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

This is what the people at UBB think.
      http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenT...434#9513074434

And no, I'm not trying to instigate

Comment

Since I'm banned over there I will post my response to MasterMind here...

Originally posted by MasterMind:
        It makes me mad. vBulletin slobs its features on ineffeciently, stealing its design from UBB and features from UBB hackers...

</end rant>
        Um yeah cause you know vBulletin couldn't possibly have any ideas of its' own, and its hackers don't have any ideas either. Do you want me to list the features that UBB stole from vB? PMs, polls, email notification, attachments, etc. Amazing how familiar the Forum Rules box looks.
        If it's so inefficient, why has vB not been banned from webhosts as UBB has?
        As for the layout, please. Every single board out there has, give or take, the exact same layout because it is a generally accepted look for flat-mode bulletin boards.

UBB has a lot of good ideas, as does vBulletin. It's stupid to argue over them as neither side is right and neither side is wrong. If you like vB, use it. If you like UBB, use it. There is no need, however, for blatent bashing. I think vB's support forums are superior in this respect as we do not allow bashing of other products, even UBB.

Comment

*cream pie* @ this thread

*good jakeman karma* @ vB

i have used both UBB and vB and like vB much better. my reasons are the same as most everyone else here... these reasons have been stated numerous times so i won't bother repeating them.
          Jake Bunce
          Last edited by Jake Bunce; Wed 20 Feb '02, 12:24am.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
            *cream pie* @ this thread

*good jakeman karma* @ vB

i have used both UBB and vB and like vB much better. my reasons are the same as most everyone else here... these reasons have been stated numerous times so i won't bother repeating them.
            *me steals the crazy icon and runs away*
            Well, there it is.
            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Not only does the UBB not measure up to VB, it's features, or it's staff, they also don't know how to treat their customers! They banned me from their support forum (even though I was a currect lisence holder) for just showing interest in VB's features. I cannot support them in any way any longer, and don't believe their software can compare.
              We're Here Forums!
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                Since I'm banned over there I will post my response to MasterMind here...

Um yeah cause you know vBulletin couldn't possibly have any ideas of its' own, and its hackers don't have any ideas either. Do you want me to list the features that UBB stole from vB? PMs, polls, email notification, attachments, etc. Amazing how familiar the Forum Rules box looks.
                If it's so inefficient, why has vB not been banned from webhosts as UBB has?
                As for the layout, please. Every single board out there has, give or take, the exact same layout because it is a generally accepted look for flat-mode bulletin boards.

UBB has a lot of good ideas, as does vBulletin. It's stupid to argue over them as neither side is right and neither side is wrong. If you like vB, use it. If you like UBB, use it. There is no need, however, for blatent bashing. I think vB's support forums are superior in this respect as we do not allow bashing of other products, even UBB.
                Ditto to that!

This is why I think you guys should come up with a comprehensive feature list and put it on a huge table to do an item by item comparison between the various message board products. They can spin the truth all they want, but when such a feature comparison list is out, NOBODY will be able to dispute it.
                Well, there it is.
                - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical

*me steals the crazy icon and runs away*
                  omg thef!

Comment

Originally posted by werehere
                    Not only does the UBB not measure up to VB, it's features, or it's staff, they also don't know how to treat their customers! They banned me from their support forum (even though I was a currect lisence holder) for just showing interest in VB's features. I cannot support them in any way any longer, and don't believe their software can compare.
                    They too banned me because I expressed my disappointment of Opentopic as a hosted-only solution.
                    Well, there it is.
                    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Ditto to that!

This is why I think you guys should come up with a comprehensive feature list and put it on a huge table to do an item by item comparison between the various message board products. They can spin the truth all they want, but when such a feature comparison list is out, NOBODY will be able to dispute it.
                      We did do that. But it was disputed

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS

We did do that. But it was disputed
                        Really? Where can I see that list?
                        Well, there it is.
                        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I run 2 vBulletins (personal sites), and 7 UBBs (work sites), and there's no doubt that vB is not only the easiest to use from an Admin point of view, but users are generally happier with the features (which UBB is still scrambling to catch up on).

As for the support staff: Infopop's people need to drop their arrogance and learn from vB staff. I've seen them talk down to people so many times I tend to only contact them if I'm at my wit's end.

Viva le vB!

Comment

From an admin's point of view, vBB is much better. The admin CP is user friendly. vBB also has a lot more features, which I was so happy about when we first used it. That's why I insisted on vBB when we thought of upgrading our board. And we're happy with it--we actually haven't had any problems with vBB.

Comment

Really? Where can I see that list?
                              You can't, thanks to a certain other company...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X