First car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tubedogg
    A small town in Ohio, with one minor accident although my insurance was about this high before the accident (it was about 2 years ago). I think the co. is USAA.
    my guess would be that a smaller insurance company would generally charge significantly more than a nation-wide insurance company such as AAA (Triple-A)...right?

i dunno. depends on the city and all that also. hehe.

Comment

nope, its based on the average customer base. If your insurance company is small but a majority of their drivers/policy holders are basically good drivers, then the insurance rate will be lower, than say a bigger company that has a vast majority of its drivers with poorer driving records.

AND of course your age. Dont expect to pay less than $100 a month for your first car.

My first car was a 4 door sedan and I paid $2000 a year for it (it was 4 years old when I bought it). The car was only $4000 when I bought it. That's with taking all the classes (driver's ed), having safety features like Airbag, and automatic seat belts.

My car that I have now, which i bought brand spanking new, I pay only $800 a year on it. And its a freaking SUV. Same coverage as my first car, but that was now 10 years ago.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by DBZFanCentral
        my guess would be that a smaller insurance company would generally charge significantly more than a nation-wide insurance company such as AAA (Triple-A)...right?
        USAA is not a small company by any means. They are not very well known to most people because they are limited to active duty, National Guard, Reserve, or retired military personnel and their spouses/families. In addition to insurance they are a financial services company and are about 80 years old with about 5 million members.

Comment

I've been eyeing up an Rx7 that I've seen for sale. If I get it I'd put the vielside body mods on it and man would that thing look smooth...

They aren't actually as expensive as they look..Here's sorta what the car would look like if I put the veilside body mods on it

http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/.../7ciifront.jpg

The rx7 community generally seems to dispise the veilside rx7 body mods but I luv em
          Last edited by Prolex; Fri 22nd Feb '02, 12:15am.

Comment

Originally posted by Prolex

The rx7 community generally seems to dispise the rx7 body mods but I luv em
            You mean they despise of the veilside body mods
            Board of the Month: November
            Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
            Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

1966 Rambler Classic station wagon.
              What a chick magnet that was.
              Couldn't get my dad to give me the keys to his 57 Chev Impalla convertible. 2 tone green and white with white leather. And it was one of the rare fuel injected models. Only a couple hundred of them made the streets.
              I went on to have some classics in my time.

1952 GMC pickup (show truck) still have it.
              1959 Ford hardtop convertible brown and white
              1964 Chev Impalla black 454 fuel injected
              1966 GTO candy apple red 351 dual-quads
              1967 Bonneville convertible deep blue 426 tri-power Hurst 4 speed racing trans
              1968 Mustang GT black with gold stripe 429 with one of the first Dyer blowers (I grew up with Bobby Dyer)
              1969 Hemi Cuda lime green
              1972 Torino 429 Cobra-jet candy apple red with black stripe
              1972 Mustang 350 Cleveland green

Those are just a few of the more popular ones I had. I still tinker arround restoring old vehicles. Its been a hobby of mine since I was a kid.
              The weirdest car I had was a 73 Pinto that I put a 302 in. It was a real sleeper at our dragstrip. Won me a lot of money.
              Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Comment

My first car was a old Mercedes-Benz 200. Now my dream car is a brand new BMW 3 Series sedan.

Comment

1962 Ford Falcon station wagon which I drove across country twice!
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ugh, my first was an 86 "Yoder" or Toyota Corolla as more commonly known. What a piece!! But, I 'upgraded' to a 94 Grand Am which wasn't sooo bad. Now I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra and I LOVE it!!

Comment

My first car was a metallic red '93 Dodge Intrepid with 100,000 miles on it...God I loved that car.

Comment

2001 Mustang GT.

Silver exterior with charcoal leather interior. Has 3200km on it.

So far all I have done is added a Cobra R front bumper, red calipers, Bullitt wheels, Xenon lights, and some minor little do-dads.

Soon to come is 4.10 gears, 5% all around window tint, Flowmaster headers, Offroad X pipe, and nitto rear tires.

Comment

Last pic.

Comment

Nice car!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X