First car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First car?

Well, i'm 16.5 and I need to get my first car. Well, I want a first gen eclipse gsx, but i doubt i will get that

Instead...what do you guys think of a 1990 ford thunderbird for $3000? It isn't sporty like the eclipse....and it's at a good price.

What do you guys think? Would insurance be less for this car than the eclipse? This is assuming that not mods have been made to the car

Lemme know Thanks

How many users can it handle, does it have a templated system, and how hard/easy is it to integrate it?

Comment

huh?? you lost me there. lol

it's a 2 door...it has an alarm on it already and everything

here's a pic of it

and what is a templated system and all that other stuff

Comment

Just joking. My sense of humor is terrible in the morning

My first car was an Opel Smurf: very small and extremely blue.
        That thunderbird is go, and waddaya mean it doesn't look sporty?!

Comment

DBZ - I would be worried about the insurence
          That car looks sporty, has darkened windows etc
          Plus your age - if you were in the UK, I am not sure how many companies will take you on to insure - and if they did it would probably a heck of a lot

James

Comment

What I really want is a DeLorean. But I'll probably end up getting a 8x Mustang for my first car. Not sure yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by WildWayz
              DBZ - I would be worried about the insurence
              That car looks sporty, has darkened windows etc
              Plus your age - if you were in the UK, I am not sure how many companies will take you on to insure - and if they did it would probably a heck of a lot

James
              heh. well, that car has been modified after stock and i doubt that the people have told their insurance that they have. lol. most people don't.

Well, i'm not 18 here in the U.S., so at my age it has to be listed under your parents name and then you as a secondary driver (i think that's how it goes anyways)

I'm attaching two pics of a stock thunderbird

The thing is that insurance would cost around $200 for the eclipse...and that's with a rather high costing company...so i could prob get this one for less. and yeah, it costs more cuz of the age thing and the 2nd driver thing, but whatever.

I'm also attaching a pic of the GSX eclipse...u tell me who would win...considering that the eclipse is 4 wheel drive. heh

Comment

nm. it didn't attach the pic

Comment

here's another one of the thunderbird

Comment

and one of the eclipse

Comment

If its a two door, forget that $200 , it'll be three times that
                      And your age as well, 16?
                      And since your parents are going to want full coverage, with a nice deductable, you're probably going to be end up paying $800 per annum at least.

Settle with a nice 4 door sedan until you can afford a "sports" car
                      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

I don't know if want a 12 year old Ford for mechanical reasons. How many miles does that thing have on it anyway?

Comment

it has over 100

for my age...what car would be good then? i have a $3000 limit

and i don't want a pinto! lol. something decent

Comment

Originally posted by WizyWyg
                            If its a two door, forget that $200 , it'll be three times that
                            it won't. a GS eclipse from 94 would cost me 200...and this thunderbird isn't as fast either. so yeah.

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by DBZFanCentral

it won't. a GS eclipse from 94 would cost me 200...and this thunderbird isn't as fast either. so yeah.

oh well
                              DBZFC, I should know since I got a simple Toyota Celica 2 door and it was 3 times that if i just settled for a Toyota Corolla with a 4 door.

As for the age, I wouldn't look at a car that's over 8 years old or has over 75,000 miles. With only $3000 to work with, settle in getting a motorcycle or save at least another 3 grand.
                              There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X