Clear All

• Originally posted by Bane
    I <3 vB

3r33t h4x0r3d v3r like your profile
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinecure
      My personal opinion on this is that its becoming way to regulated, everyone just needs to calm down, especially Asendin. Scott nor Bane meant harm in any of their comments, they were just simply stateing the rules, which every should follow. Bane makes a few very valid points, but when it comes to "biased" nominations I tend to disaggree a little bit.
      Especially Asendin? lol i am defending something i did not do.
      now my board loses out?
      how would you feel?

do be pointing fingers at me just because you don't like me.

seems some people have some influence on others around here when this entire "board of the month" contest does not go there way
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• When did I say I didn't like you?
        I said especially you, because you got all worked up, and started making comments like that its BS.. and I quote :

its a popularity contest between a bunch of teens. this is BS
        Board of the Month: November
        Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
        Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
        vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinecure
          When did I say I didn't like you?
          I said especially you, because you got all worked up, and started making comments like that its BS.. and I quote :

i have the patience of a saint.

it is a popularity contest..
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Bane
            A) Jakeman asking someone to nominate macsubculture was odd, but not covered in the rules I guess since technically he didnt nominate himself.
            i'm just an odd person

IMO, this contest could be more structured. one of my big things is the rule #6

6. A good board is based on the integration with the site and not on it's content.
            i have seen lots of forums win that have no integration, just pretty graphical wrappers. that's my opinion though. "integration" could be subjective and taken to mean many things.

Comment

• anyway back to voting......... i definately put my money on Talk-Loud

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakeman

i'm just an odd person

IMO, this contest could be more structured. one of my big things is the rule #6

i have seen lots of forums win that have no integration, just pretty graphical wrappers. that's my opinion though. "integration" could be subjective and taken to mean many things.
                got that right jake my man
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Wow. Quite a thread going on here.
                  Took the time to read these threads about vb of the month.

Just my humble opinion but:

I think everyone who wants to be considered should be. I mean if they feel that they have a shot- let them enter. What is the point of missing a month if you entered in a prior month?

The board should be judged on its own I think- not integration- what the heck does that really mean anyway.

Put all the names in a hat and pull out 5. Set up a poll and let the voting begin.

I think that would elimate the bitterness I'm seeing here- the seconding thing and trying to figure out if a person is non biased makes this difficult.

Comment

• I nominate beta.jelsoft.com... oh... wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier
                      I nominate beta.jelsoft.com... oh... wait
                      second Kier
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Asendin

it is a popularity contest..
                        Actually wait... holdon.. uh... just another second here...

not really. I vote because I like the board. That is the entire point of the competition, it's kind of like prom queen in high school. She has to be pretty and popular, but she won't win just becaues her friends vote for her. She needs the whole school to think she is number one.

So to make sense of my little metephor, your board may have some votes from people who just 'know you' and not your board, but they still aren't the majority because the majority look for good looking boards and boards that are popular with the masses.

Comment

• I suppose as I haven't said much yet, I should say something now.

WOO! I got a nomination! I'd like to thank distinguished members of the academy, my parents, God, my dogs, and especially my fiance.

I'm getting my thankyou's in now, because I don't stand a chance of winning, lol. You have to seize the moment.

Seriously though I'm very happy - my vB has only been online for about a month (I was live for a couple of months with a cruddy free board before that). It's a simple board I set up because I didn't like the stuffy and over moderated atmosphere of other wedding forums. We're currently thinking of ways to jazz it up further, but for now it stays as it is.

Thanks to those that seconded my board - I can honestly say that in this case there is no favouritism as no one here know me.

Good luck to everyone. And have fun!

Comment

• I nominate

http://forums.valkyrec.net/index.php

This is a very neat site, cool clean and a lot of design work though it is so well done you hardly notice until you start browsing round. The guy is only 18 and I think his work should be recognised.

Comment

• hehe, thanks Bop2Bop but TalkLoud isn't in the voting this month.

Seriously, I have no problem with however the contest is won. I just think if there aren't any rules followed there shouldn't be any posted. If it's fair for everyone the people that nominated themselves last month and actually followed the rules are left out since they followed the nonexistant ruleset that is never followed and doesnt really exist.

As far as intergration with the site, thats kinda a moot point as well. Thats why the link goes to the forum and not the site.

I still <3 vB

Comment

• Re: I nominate

Originally posted by centris
                                http://forums.valkyrec.net/index.php

This is a very neat site, cool clean and a lot of design work though it is so well done you hardly notice until you start browsing round. The guy is only 18 and I think his work should be recognised.
                                I think thats why hes in the voting this month. feel free to go vote for him in the board of the month for February.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X