X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaintDog
    replied
    1337Devil,

Thanks for the second, I thought I would fill you in on why the forums at BBAddons do not have that many hacks. As I noted in one of my posts, we were not able to bring over all the data from the old server we were on (boy, did it give out a lot of trouble ), so all the hacks have not been yet re-added - but more hacks will be added to add some extra features to the board, rest assured.

I do appreciate your vote though, this is the first time I have actually made it on time for the vBulletin Board Of The Month , so I am happy to see another member second my board .

Thanks again,

SaintDog

Leave a comment:

• dancefrequency
    replied
    Originally posted by afterlab
    Thanks Dancefrequency.
    You deserve it dude!

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by smachol
    I would sceond your board except for the fact that you changed the copyright notice to make it almost illegible. I don't understand why people do that.
    Cr*p! I forgot to fix that! Thx for the reminder, gonna fix that right away (someone told me about that a little while ago, but then I didn't have the time to fix it)

*goes to his AP*

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by 1337Devil
    Exactly, and nobody's seconding my board because no one here knows it, and I'm not gonna ask anyone from my board to sign up here just to second it.
    I would sceond your board except for the fact that you changed the copyright notice to make it almost illegible. I don't understand why people do that.

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    whatever tho, no one pays attention to the rules.
    Is this aimed at me? Cos you might not see it, but my board is integrated with 4 of my websites. Now _that_ is integration!

Scott, yes well they're already experiencing the feel of vB in a community, besides: if they sign up here primarily just to second a board, they usually don't stay around afterwards so all we have then is a growing group of users who have 2-5 posts.. :/

e: oh, and I'd rather you call me Kura or KuraFire. This nick was a temporary one, I never expected I'd be using it later on, yet they apparently don't allow nick-changes on this board

Leave a comment:

• afterlab
    replied
    Thanks Dancefrequency.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Doesn't seem to be very impressive as a board itself (customization/hacking-wise, etc.) but the content there is what's really important, and it's good content.
    Originally posted by s.molinari
    6. A good board is based on the integration with the site and not on it's content.
    whatever tho, no one pays attention to the rules.

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Exactly, and nobody's seconding my board because no one here knows it, and I'm not gonna ask anyone from my board to sign up here just to second it.

I don't spend much time around here at all, so it's only logical that no one knows my board, but I wonder if people actually clicked the link to see why I nominated the Couch. I clicked on all the other nominated forums, but only liked BBaddons enough to second it.

Leave a comment:

• dancefrequency
    replied
    A nominated board should be seconded by someone from this community who we all know from before the nominations already. (imo)
    Hmm, you does have a point there.
    Anyway I seconded Final Fantasy Republic.

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Ah, okay.

Hey I got a tip for a new rule to add concerning the nominations: whoever seconds a board must have at least 50 or so posts. This to prevent people from getting one of their own members to sign up here just to second their board - they'd have to be part of the community here already. Cos what I often see is that someone nominates his board, and then a new member with <10 posts seconds that shortly afterwards. Now, sorry but I find that suspicious and even if coincidence, a bit annoying. A nominated board should be seconded by someone from this community who we all know from before the nominations already. (imo)

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by s.molinari
    Thanks for the tip but 2 winners? I thought the Feb poll is still open.

Scott
    don't those polls close every 15th to start off the nominations for the next month? :/

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    I like to second BBaddons, simply because it's a great resource for bulletin board administrators. Doesn't seem to be very impressive as a board itself (customization/hacking-wise, etc.) but the content there is what's really important, and it's good content.

Won't anybody even take a good look at the Couch?
    It's mostly interesting as a member, unfortunately, meaning that as a guest you hardly see anything of the cool extra's, but still... :/

Leave a comment:

• Sn2
    replied
    i second pgamers.net

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    I nominate my humble abode, The Message Board at Tubescan.
    http://board.tubescan.com/

Since I lost two months in a row and I think a third time before that, I will understand if you just want to say No Thanks up front.

Leave a comment:

• Streicher
    replied
    I nominate the German Star-Trek-Forum

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X