Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    I nominate beta.jelsoft.com... oh... wait

Leave a comment:

• Nicole
    replied
    Wow. Quite a thread going on here.
    Took the time to read these threads about vb of the month.

Just my humble opinion but:

I think everyone who wants to be considered should be. I mean if they feel that they have a shot- let them enter. What is the point of missing a month if you entered in a prior month?

The board should be judged on its own I think- not integration- what the heck does that really mean anyway.

Put all the names in a hat and pull out 5. Set up a poll and let the voting begin.

I think that would elimate the bitterness I'm seeing here- the seconding thing and trying to figure out if a person is non biased makes this difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman

i'm just an odd person

IMO, this contest could be more structured. one of my big things is the rule #6

i have seen lots of forums win that have no integration, just pretty graphical wrappers. that's my opinion though. "integration" could be subjective and taken to mean many things.
    got that right jake my man

Leave a comment:

• Bop2Bop
    replied
    anyway back to voting......... i definately put my money on Talk-Loud

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Bane
    A) Jakeman asking someone to nominate macsubculture was odd, but not covered in the rules I guess since technically he didnt nominate himself.
    i'm just an odd person

IMO, this contest could be more structured. one of my big things is the rule #6

6. A good board is based on the integration with the site and not on it's content.
    i have seen lots of forums win that have no integration, just pretty graphical wrappers. that's my opinion though. "integration" could be subjective and taken to mean many things.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Sinecure
    When did I say I didn't like you?
    I said especially you, because you got all worked up, and started making comments like that its BS.. and I quote :

i have the patience of a saint.

it is a popularity contest..

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    When did I say I didn't like you?
    I said especially you, because you got all worked up, and started making comments like that its BS.. and I quote :

its a popularity contest between a bunch of teens. this is BS

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    My personal opinion on this is that its becoming way to regulated, everyone just needs to calm down, especially Asendin. Scott nor Bane meant harm in any of their comments, they were just simply stateing the rules, which every should follow. Bane makes a few very valid points, but when it comes to "biased" nominations I tend to disaggree a little bit.
    Especially Asendin? lol i am defending something i did not do.
    now my board loses out?
    how would you feel?

do be pointing fingers at me just because you don't like me.

seems some people have some influence on others around here when this entire "board of the month" contest does not go there way

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    I <3 vB

3r33t h4x0r3d v3r like your profile

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    I <3 vB
    LOL, now you've got me confusd Bane hehe
    I <3 vB as well :P

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    My personal opinion on this is that its becoming way to regulated, everyone just needs to calm down, especially Asendin
    lol you guys kill me , "biased" is right.

Leave a comment:

• Bane
    replied
    I <3 vB

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    i did not nominate my board on feb, i did in Jan, if i did im sure scott would have seen it the first time

whatever you guys say bane.

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    My personal opinion on this is that its becoming way to regulated, everyone just needs to calm down, especially Asendin. Scott nor Bane meant harm in any of their comments, they were just simply stateing the rules, which every should follow. Bane makes a few very valid points, but when it comes to "biased" nominations I tend to disaggree a little bit.

For example.
    Origionally posted by Jakeman
    firefly might be considered a biased nomination since he made the portal. i dunno.
    Ok, so wajones made vbportal, if he seconds a board that has vbportal on it, are we going to consider that a "biased" nomination? If Bane seconds a board that has vbStats installed, are we going to consider that a "biased" nomination. Seriously, it just seems like its getting to far out of hand.

Don't take this post personaly, I am simply stateing what I perceive to be a contest that is getting way out of hand in the regulations sense of things.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X