No announcement yet.

The answer to subscription sites??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: The answer to subscription sites??

Originally posted by Arkham

BTW, the digital wombat/Playboy Bunny logo on your website: How are you affiliated with Playboy?

Are you the internet police?
    http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
    http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
      Personally I have never really heard a valid difference between the two, it is just MLM schemes generally nothing ever gets sold bar membership to the scheme
      If it's a legitimate MLM the whole concept should be to distribute the products and/or recruit people to distribute for you. MLM companies like Herbalife generate around $1 billion revenue per year this way.
      Last edited by jeffct; Thu 14 Feb '02, 12:40pm.

Comment

we really do hope to have a subscription package in vB 3, either as an add-on or as part of the core code. we are looking at different ways to implement it, so it might not make it out with the initial release, but we do understand that ad revenue is falling and a solution is needed. We are webmasters ourselves, as well as HMFIC's of the boards here, so we do understand the need
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

Mr Happy

That's fantastic news.

This is the way we're all moving, and even if it's at extra cost, I believe many hundreds of us would be willing to go for it.

As you say, the development team are webmasters, so I'm sure you've thought of most things.

My main wish would be to have different styles and/or templates available to different user groups - even if this option is set to on/off in config.php to save queries - as that would then give us the most freedom to change the forums for our subscribers.

Oh - and Paypal/Worldpay (hey, Jelsoft is UK-based!!) integration would be simply superb. Former is more universally important, but please allow for the latter in the construction of such a system.

This is fantastic news. Are the ability to use drop-down (select boxes) for custom fields still going into vb3?

Comment

If I have anything to do with this, and I will certainly be making a system if nothing "official" per se is made then worldpay will definitely be on the list as that is who I am using now.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The answer to subscription sites??

Originally posted by Prince

Are you the internet police?

Trademark and copyright issues are fairly serious matters on the net. I found it funny that someone got away with using Playboy's logo, since they're rabidly protective of their trademarks.

Comment

Re: Bit NEgative!!

Originally posted by rawnet
                Arkham,

You're bit of a grumpy bugger aren't you!!

Did you look at the site properly before making such a judgement? It is pyriamid/multi-level-marketing, yes. Does this make it bad?

Oh this is rich.

Of course I examined it.

You'd think that people supposedly into "Marketing" would be aware of the negative connotations of using the word "pyramid" in their product name.

Digitalwombat is a personal site. In what way are you affiliated with negative grumpy sods?
                HA! Grumpy! Not as grumpy as Playboy - they're extremely militant about their trademarks and copyrighted material. As I said, I found it funny that you got away with it, since most people don't stand a chance against that corporation.

Slipped under the radar, I guess.

It's not as if you omitted the Jelsoft copyright on your forum, of course. That would be waaaaay out of line.

Comment

It may look similar to the Playboy bunny logo I suppose, but it's not the same.

Who removed the Jelsoft copyright? Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by rawnet
                    It may look similar to the Playboy bunny logo I suppose, but it's not the same.
                    Well, as long as you think it's different enough, Playboy will probably overlook it.

Who removed the Jelsoft copyright? Is there something I'm missing?
                    Never mind, it was a joke. Read: "Well, you can piss Playboy off, but don't dare cross Jelsoft."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X