Clear All

Originally posted by MarkB
    It is? I just issued an upgrade order to my host, too
    lol you are joking right? hehe
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield

Unfortunatly it dosen't work on MacOS at all, what ever processor you have. There is some code in their from Micro$oft's developers (who have been trully helpfull) so we had to make an agreement only to allow the system to work on Win 2000 servers and on the client side computers running IE6.
      Oh how nice and generous of Micro$oft! You can always count on the friendly people there to help out everyone, to share ideas, to give credit where credit is due, to not stab anyone in the back, and to make sure companies like Jelsoft can truly make it without having to be corrupted by the anti-competitive folks at *nix.
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

So you are saying this won't run on Unix?! Unix is like THE most used OS for hosting sites... Wouldn't you want to focus your time creating it for something that is mainly geared towards unix-based-sites (IE php) Although not strictly on unix, it is more prevalant no doubt...

Comment

I think "gullable" is written on my forehead.

Comment

Out of interest, which feature is everyone looking forward to more, the Intuitive Reply Engine® or the Neural Interface linking your brain to vbulletin that Martin talked about on the first page? The answer would help the devs know where to foucs their development time.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Well, folks, it seems that some here weren't understanding that we were trying to deflect questions about new features in vB 3 by making up outrageous ones, so rather than upset those people, we will admit to it being a joke.

Since you *are* wanting to know about knew features, though, I asked and received permission from John to let you know about our new security process that will do away with the need for passwords.
              In vB 3 we will be requiring retinal scans as part of the registration process. When existing users log in for the first time after upgrade, they will receive a pop-up alerting them that their account will be locked until they submit to the retinal scan.
              If a user hasn't visited the board in 3 or more days, or if they are trying to access from an IP that is outside their normal cluster of IPs, they will receive the popup box again and have to submit to the retinal scan again so we know it isn't someone just using a computer they were once cookied on.

We feel that this is the most secure way of protecting user accounts and thwarting wouldbe hackers and are really proud to be the first message board company to deploy this tight a security measure.
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

Martin, remeber to use the registered trademark symbol for SecureScan® technology, we can't have our competitors (the ones that are not starting from scratch that is) stealing our ideas
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk
                DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

thanx for saving my a$$ there Chris! John would have pooped had that info been left hanging there unprotected!
                  Webmaster:
                  @forumz

Comment

*feels dumb* Ok, so now i have MORE questions :-p What if I don't have a retinal scanner? Arent those rather EXPENSIVE?

Comment

I picked up one of the older Automatic Retinal Scan Engines from a flea market 6 months ago - never thought I'd need it. Now I know i don't have to throw it away - thanks, Martin, you saved my A.R.S.E!

Comment

Originally posted by Nafae
                        *feels dumb* Ok, so now i have MORE questions :-p What if I don't have a retinal scanner? Arent those rather EXPENSIVE?
                        ummmm, are you feeling any dumber yet?

great thread Martin and Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                          Well, folks, it seems that some here weren't understanding that we were trying to deflect questions about new features in vB 3 by making up outrageous ones, so rather than upset those people, we will admit to it being a joke.

Since you *are* wanting to know about knew features, though, I asked and received permission from John to let you know about our new security process that will do away with the need for passwords.
                          In vB 3 we will be requiring retinal scans as part of the registration process. When existing users log in for the first time after upgrade, they will receive a pop-up alerting them that their account will be locked until they submit to the retinal scan.
                          If a user hasn't visited the board in 3 or more days, or if they are trying to access from an IP that is outside their normal cluster of IPs, they will receive the popup box again and have to submit to the retinal scan again so we know it isn't someone just using a computer they were once cookied on.

We feel that this is the most secure way of protecting user accounts and thwarting wouldbe hackers and are really proud to be the first message board company to deploy this tight a security measure.
                          Martin that's all nice and great.... but I don't have any eyes!
                          Well, there it is.
                          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Nafae
                            Well, actually, we're incorporating a server-side scanner that was developed under GPL, so it will be free for download and you can easily install it on the server yourself. We will probably bundle it with the downloads, since it's only 15 Mb compressed.
                            The only hitch is, to work properly over the net, it requires that the end-user have an EnergStar compliant monitor set to no more tha 640 x 480 screen resolution. They are working on settings detection software that will switch it automatically, then switch it back to what the end-user had before, but I don't know if that will be ready by the time we go to market. It will be a slight inconvenience to the end-users, but they'll get used to it after a few months.
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

HAR, HAR, HAR, AREN'T we the HILARIOUS ones!?

Comment

I'm going to issue a search warrent so the cops can search the dev team's houses and tell me what REAL features reside in V3
                                Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X