X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeman

i can destroy you
    Uh hum...

"don't make me send you 2 to separate corners!" - quoted from a bot posing as a moderator somewhere in cyberspace.
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

@Martin: You forgot to tell them about the recently builtin feature of 2.2.2, code name "tim3b0mb".

When vb3 is out, you all have a decent amount of time for the upgrade from 2.x to 3.x.x.xx-x of let's say 1 day until your forums will give up working and show a lot of new unpredictable parse errors (NuPE®). One of the best new features!

/me runs away
      -Tom
      http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

LMAO

One word for you all........

gullible

gul·li·ble (gl-bl)
        adj.
        Easily deceived or duped.

Comment

If I was running Jelsoft I would wait until a lot of people had to renew and then release version 3
          Jimmy

Comment

@martin, lets say I have that enabled and a user posts a question:

How old are you?

The reply engine will reply with my anwer?

But then what if it asks...
            Do you enjoy beating up small animals?

What would my answer be If I put no reference to beating up small answers in my profile?

Just a curiousity ~And the other question I had... Is this feature only for the administrator accounts or can all users enable it, and wouldn't that hinder server load?

Comment

it's nice to hear about the Intuitive Reply Engine, it seems a cool addition, could we move to another feature please?

Comment

Nafae,

This is why we require the need for 650 posts and the quite long character profile so that most situations like this are taken account of. If however there is a thread you are tracking (the feature is only enabled for threads that you select initally) and someone posts about something that does not match your previous posts then using a combination of your past posts and the character profile the system will compare you to someone who is similair to you, and has a reply based on this issue. So it will find like minded people to you and reply using their data but in your style. Of course there are numerous checks on this to ensure it is done accurartly. If no possible reply can be determined, none will be made.

You can enable the feature by usergroups but yes it will increase server load.

Ruth, glad you like the new feature but there are some people who don't seem to fully understand it yet (i can't imagine why ).
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk
                DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by Nafae
                  ...But then what if it asks...
                  Do you enjoy beating up small animals?

What would my answer be If I put no reference to beating up small answers in my profile?

Just a curiousity ~And the other question I had... Is this feature only for the administrator accounts or can all users enable it, and wouldn't that hinder server load?
                  1) We covered just about every contingency in the personality profile questionairre. If you make all answered required, then they cannot skip over it.

2) We considered that and added multiple levels of activation for it. You can make it admin-only, admins and mods (which only replies in the forum the person is moderating), or "All" with the strong recommendation that you meet minimum server specs before choosing.
                  Webmaster:
                  @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                    The feature I am most looking forward to is new auto reply feature. vBulletin will be able, once you have completed a rather longish personality test take into account all your previous posts and private messages and actually reply to threads without you being there. Unfortunatly due to the current early stages of the new personality turing program that simulates your own state of mind you will need a minimum of 650 posts for the feature to be active.
                    Dunno if that would be a good idea,
                    It would make the forums more robotic and take the human feeling outa it.
                    A robotic Moderator using this idea would be nice though

Comment

recommended server specs... can you say what the recommended specs are for a decent forum (maybe 50-75 active at any time)

Comment

Originally posted by NetherChris
                        recommended server specs... can you say what the recommended specs are for a decent forum (maybe 50-75 active at any time)
                        For the Intuitive Reply Engine® we recommend at least a dual-processor 2GHz machine with at least 2GB of RAM. You might be able to get away with less but we can not recommend it due to the intense processing power required. You should also know that due to the way it works, it will probably at least quadruple the size of your database, meaning that you will need at least a 5GB hard drive for even a smallish site.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                          For the Intuitive Reply Engine® we recommend at least a dual-processor 2GHz machine with at least 2GB of RAM. You might be able to get away with less but we can not recommend it due to the intense processing power required. You should also know that due to the way it works, it will probably at least quadruple the size of your database, meaning that you will need at least a 5GB hard drive for even a smallish site.
                          Are you telling me I can't run it in my Apple II running at a whopping 2mhz? Damn that sucks.
                          Well, there it is.
                          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical

Are you telling me I can't run it in my Apple II running at a whopping 2mhz? Damn that sucks.
                            Unfortunatly it dosen't work on MacOS at all, what ever processor you have. There is some code in their from Micro$oft's developers (who have been trully helpfull) so we had to make an agreement only to allow the system to work on Win 2000 servers and on the client side computers running IE6.
                            Last edited by chrispadfield; Thu 14 Feb '02, 3:28pm.
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk
                            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                              Ok now I know for sure that this feature is just a inside joke at Jelsoft.

Comment

It is? I just issued an upgrade order to my host, too

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X