Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you guys get members?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How did you guys get members?

    How did all you guys get membersfor bulltein board?


    Tony

  • #2
    I sent out 2,000 threatening emails with personal information and told them they better bring friends or I'd kill their pets
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Martin
      I sent out 2,000 threatening emails with personal information and told them they better bring friends or I'd kill their pets

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think that would work for me.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm Sicilian. Threats work pretty good for me too!
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #6
            I troll all over the Internet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Time, patience and lots of free, inadvertent promotion.

              Ethan

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Martin
                I sent out 2,000 threatening emails with personal information and told them they better bring friends or I'd kill their pets
                lol what if they dont have pets, then what?
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How did you guys get members?

                  Originally posted by Tony
                  How did all you guys get membersfor bulltein board?


                  Tony
                  heres one for ya i hope you like it.

                  http://www.asendtechnologies.com/vb/index.php
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ethank
                    Time, patience and lots of free, inadvertent promotion.

                    Ethan
                    patience is very true , you could get zero members for a few days then bang you get 5-10. just my personal experience anyway.
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Asendin


                      patience is very true , you could get zero members for a few days then bang you get 5-10. just my personal experience anyway.
                      Its taken 3 years of on and off press to get to the point where I get 10-50 new members daily. Of course we have a very very very....very niche group of people

                      But when I get free press, the numbers rise, and of course when the band is active (new record, touring) we get a substantial number per day. Free advertising (through press) rules.

                      To a certain extent, the number of members doesn't matter as much as the quality and dedication of the members.

                      EThan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What this software? Subitwolf pro at www.trellian.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don`t look at that software.
                          I`m getting about 250 unique visitors each day through Google, which means they are searching for music related stuff. But my board is dead, you must find a way to get the people on your board to talk or it won`t get successful no mather what marketing technique you find.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Promise people money, and then when they've decided to sign up, say they don't get none.

                            Now sit back and watch your post count go crazy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pingu
                              Promise people money, and then when they've decided to sign up, say they don't get none.

                              Now sit back and watch your post count go crazy
                              lol,
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X