Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you file a lawsuit against a website hosted in Sweden?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you file a lawsuit against a website hosted in Sweden?

I'm hoping to sue Encyclopedia Dramatica for slander as well as slap them with a cease and desist order, but they are not hosted in America anymore. I was able to get a page removed about me when I filed a DMCA claim, but they switched hosts.

Their host is apparently Gridlane (I think) but when I emailed them several times, I never got a response back, beyond the auto replies.

If they are US owned, you can just file suite against the owner of the url. But if they moved completely it will be more difficult and very costly.
    www.cdmagurus.com
    www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

WOW, pretty racist site.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Sweden isnt like usa where lawsuit is possible. We have freedom of speech, and a real one.
        Our law Yttrandefrihetsgrundlagen (1991:1469) clarely state that anyone and everyone is free to express,opionate, thoughts, feelings in any form of media.
        And that law protects you from for something like this Curt.

Same with the Muhammed drawing, the muslims demanded it to be withdrawn from further release but the law Yttrandefrihetsgrundlagen (1991:1469) stated the newspaper has the full right to do so, the judge ruled in favour for the newspaper company

Comment

The long and short of it, is that you do not.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X