No announcement yet.

Who has actually earned money with skimlinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works out well if your site is based around products that are sold though major web retailers. If your forum doesn't really apply to that, its not going to do much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBen View Post
      How many people use your site? I'm talking two sites, around 3000 hits per day, probably 1000 of which is unique and combined its over 50,000 page impressions and that above is my months totals. I made more in quarter a day with google.

we have about 100 registered "daily" users each day, about 200 active at any one time and a little under 1300 registered users total. Google has us at about 1000 visitors each day.

EDIT: Looks like I'm a little out of date:

Threads 33,779
      Posts 526,238
      Members 1,348
      Active Members262

here is Google for the last 2 weeks:

7,057 people visited this site

11,249 Visits

7,057 Unique Visitors

69,155 Pageviews

6.15 Pages/Visit

00:08:55 Avg. Time on Site

56.07% Bounce Rate

56.38% % New Visits
      56.41%New Visitor6,346 Visits
      43.59%Returning Visitor4,903 Visits
      MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

This is great information for me....I did not know about this.

Comment

Originally posted by donald1234 View Post
          Skimlinks are dofollow links (with anchor text) that point from your website to the merchants site increasing their page rank (and search engine visibility) and detracting from yours. If you have the firefox dofollow/nofollow plug in you will see that every single link is green (dofollow)
          Dofollow links to the advertiser's site may (or may not) increase PageRank for the advertiser. Either way, it cannot and does not "detract from yours". That is an old, persistent, and still incorrect myth betraying a misunderstanding of what PageRank is all about.

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
          really?
          I would hope all advertiser links would be nofollow, can someone confirm this?
          Why? I don't use nofollow at all. For external links, if I don't approve of the link, I don't add it or approve it. And for internal links, there's no point since Matt Cutts has confirmed that whether a link is dofollow or nofollow it has the same effect on how much PageRank is passed by other links on that page.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          It works out well if your site is based around products that are sold though major web retailers. If your forum doesn't really apply to that, its not going to do much.
          Exactly. I have read about some sites making a bit of money from Skimlinks but it's a waste of bandwidth for mine.
          Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
          Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X