This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can I Do About This?

I registered on a forum under VBulletin and foolishly I used my whole name in the profile section and then when my profile on the forum got hacked, and I tried to explain it, the moderator banned me but my profile with my full name is still open for the public to see and I asked the moderator to remove it but he refuses and I want the profile removed because with my full name on this hacked profile, it can truly damage my reputation, so is there anything that can be done about this? legal or otherwise because he's basically purposely keeping my profile open and prey to being verbally damaged online.

Thank you for contacting us. However please note that this not our site. We do not run it, host it, or control it in anyway. It merely uses our vBulletin software, and we have no ability to administrate or alter the website in any way. As long as they do not violate the license agreement, there is nothing we can do. You can view the license agreement here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php

[Note: The infraction must be on the vBulletin forums for us to take action. We have no say in anything other than the vBulletin pages. Also in regards to using the software for 'illegal purposes' we are not qualified to determine legality in any jurisdictions. If they are convicted of something regarding content on their forums then we can revoke a license.]

If you suspect a license violation, please report it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Otherwise, I can only suggest that you visit the site and it may have a “contact us” link whereby you can reach the owners of the website. Sorry we couldn’t assist you further.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X