Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you the "mark all forums read" type of person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you the "mark all forums read" type of person?

Due to personal interest, but maybe there are more people here, who want to know more about this: I think there seem to be two types of forum users. One does hit the "mark all forums read" button regularly, and then starts to check for new topics/posts on the next log in (and reads the new ones). The other almost never uses this button, looks for topics/posts of interest, and then sees on the next log in, if there has been changes to this topic (it is marked as unread again = check it out) or there hasn't (still marked as read = don't read again). Now, what do you prefer?

Are you the "mark all forums read" type of person?

While writing this, I just realize that there might be a third type of person: Subscribe to everything and then check subscribed topics. But this should not be taken into account here, I am explicitly interested in your usage of "mark all forums read".

In between... I click the Mark All Forums read button occassionally. However most of the time, I just leave things as they are and let topics get marked read naturally.

I am also definitely a subscriber. Subscriptions are the best way to handle updated content.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I rarely mark all read, but have done so occasionally.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Almost never.

Comment

Not realy.
          No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Doing it every time, like before posting here now.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by Yves Rigaud View Post
              Doing it every time, like before posting here now.
              I usually click it before I leave the site to see what's new on my next visit.

I already thought I am the only one using this very often... Thank you Yves, now I feel better!

Comment

I do every time I'm done browsing the site.
                Former vBulletin user

Comment