This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strike
    I never participate in moderated boards. Do you know why? Because they are VERY BORING! I think that in the future moderation will be abandoned.
    Moderators, please remove this post. If you don’t do it this would be a perfect example of bad moderation.
    LOL, hilarious that someone who reiterates that moderation is a bad/boring thing will now demand it ... kinda fun to contradict yourself, eh?
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I don't contradict myself. I'm just making a point. I asked moderators to be objective and remove insult and they did not do that. By doing that they proved to everybody that they take sides, and that they discriminate against some users they don't like. This is bad moderation in action!

Comment

Strike, if you hate moderation so much, then dont post here.
        You stated yourself that you WILL NOT post on any board with moderators or has moderation. Well, believe it or NOT, you can't even hold true to that claim which means:
        You're a troll and the only attention you can get is trying to "start" a "flame" war just so you can get the attention (which basically is what this thread is turning into).

IF YOU dont like moderation, FINE, that's your opinion. YOu have a site that doesn't have moderation, then hang out over there.

THIS IS A business site (if you haven't noticed) and what is reflected on this board is ALSO a reflection on the company that produces this product. If a person who is checking out the software comes to this board to see "who is here" and see nothing but FLAMES and swearing, would the consider in dealing with a company that CAN't even moderate or control its own users who post here?

If you're a grown adult then YOU should know when certain behaviour is accepted and when it's not.

So, either hold to your claim of not posting to boards with moderators (which is about 99% of all forums out there) and leave, or behave and see what moderation can do to HELP your community.

BTW, IF YOU knew anything about using your board, you'd know who posted that thread/post because their IP would have been shown (to the admin), and blaming "us" for that post only shows your immaturity and lack of common sense.

This thread should be closed, for all our sakes.
        There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by WizyWyg

THIS IS A business site (if you haven't noticed) and what is reflected on this board is ALSO a reflection on the company that produces this product. If a person who is checking out the software comes to this board to see "who is here" and see nothing but FLAMES and swearing, would the consider in dealing with a company that CAN't even moderate or control its own users who post here?
          This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why would they allow people to insult me here?

Also, I post here because I thought this place is fun even if you have moderators here. I made an exception because there is no other place where I can talk to so many people who run VB boards.

Comment

I don't contradict myself. I'm just making a point. I asked moderators to be objective and remove insult and they did not do that. By doing that they proved to everybody that they take sides, and that they discriminate against some users they don't like. This is bad moderation in action!
            They dont take sides, again assumption on your part is wrong.
            They will delete threads that are insulting, harassing, sexually explicit or promote illegal acts (warez). ITS still a community and there is no REASON To delete this thread (it does pertain to how forums are run; without moderation: yours a good example and with: 99% of those on here who does). We have to wonder why your "mantra" doesn't work so well in the real world.

There is nothing insulting in this thread, though you are testing peoples patience with your tripe. Bad moderation (IMO) is your board, and the funny thing is that even with all that is going on your site, you could be getting your site into major trouble with the ISP you are with (they might have rules against certain activities on their servers) or postings on your forum could lead to a potential crime. There is nothing on your board to be "happy" about; I'd for one would be ashamed to see that this kind of thing is ACCESSIBLE to kids (I doubt you even run coppa -= which bTW is required by law in the US and which your server resides on - vdi.net)
            There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why would they allow people to insult me here?

Also, I post here because I thought this place is fun even if you have moderators here. I made an exception because there is no other place where I can talk to so many people who run VB boards.
              Then your claim is false, and that makes you "a liar".
              In all fairness, you put yourself into this predicament.

YOU badmouth moderators saying that they are ALL BAD, but as pointed out to you SEVERAL times, that moderators are only as bad as ADMINS let them to be.

ANd you made the assumption that moderation is bad, and it has been pointed out to you SEVERAL times that moderation is needed should you have a more directed site that wants to remain civil. Flames and wars and tantrums are the result of different opinions of their posters, but an argument can still be held without resulting to swearing, harassment and the occasional sexual content.

YOUR site is uncivil; there's the difference. Sorry, the world doesn't revolve around you or your site. No one insulted you (just pointed out that instead of spending time on your forum, you should be spending more time proofreading your postings). Mispellings are common but when the author of a post doesn't even bother to re-read what he/she has posted, the readers will have a less time trying to take anything they say seriously. Right now, I dont even take you seriously, because your behavior is that of a TROLL.

What you need to do is get away from your uncivil site and try out those sites that are moderated and see what happens there.

IF YOU can't find a board without moderators, then thats your problem. NOT OURS. So dont make your problem our problem. IF you can't find a board without moderators, maybe that's telling you something...huh?

Comment

I wasn't flaming, I was stating my opinion. I've looked at your board several times, just out of curiousity, and I never saw anything compelling enough to make me want to stay.
                If you consider that flaming, perhaps you need to thicken your skin before trying to start arguments.
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by WizyWyg

IF YOU can't find a board without moderators, then thats your problem. NOT OURS. So dont make your problem our problem. IF you can't find a board without moderators, maybe that's telling you something...huh?
                  I find some people here behave even more agressive than on my forum. The difference betwen me and you is that I can control my emotions and you can't. I made you so angry that you can't even answer a simple question. Why this post was not removed===>>>

Originally posted by qwaz

You should spend less time pretending to be a stud on your weak ass website and more time doing your homework...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                    I wasn't flaming, I was stating my opinion. I've looked at your board several times, just out of curiousity, and I never saw anything compelling enough to make me want to stay.
                    If you consider that flaming, perhaps you need to thicken your skin before trying to start arguments.
                    I came here for some intelligent discussion and I can't find it here. You just can't talk calm even with all the moderation around here. You can't change your nature. You're very aggressive and unfriendly people.

Comment

I came here for some intelligent discussion and I can't find it here. You just can't talk calm even with all the moderation around here. You can't change your nature. You're very aggressive and unfriendly people.
                      If you can't see in this statement above why we disagree with you, then the only person who needs to be "moderated" is you.

YOu assumed he was flaming, and he wansn't, which only shows that you are prone to start wars, arguments and are not "thick skinned" enough to handle any argument you start.

Need to get away from bad influence, cause they aren't doing you any good.

You have had several "intellegent" responses from this thread alone; many of which gave you the justification for moderation.

The only "agressive" behaviour being shown is you jumping down our throats when we give you those justifications.

To understand both sides, you must be willing to accept the reasoning of others, and then be able to contribute your side without being offensive, and defensive.

We said moderation is needed when its needed.
                      You can have an unmoderated board if you want; that's your business. WE choose to have moderated boards and we find the advantages of moderated boards to be over unmoderated boards.

Its good to have a place to vent your frustrations; i personally dont do it online or on a forum. I just go out to my garage and hit the punching bag or practice my judo on my cousin (who can kick my @$$ anyway).
                      Last edited by WizyWyg; Fri 1 Feb '02, 5:25pm.

Comment

Even the best moderator is not perfect so he/she will make a mistake. If so, why would you have one at all?
                        According to this logic we shouldn't have homes, cars, spouses, kids, etc. Heck, even the best admins are not perfect, why even run a bulletin board? Nothing is perfect. Why even live at all? Oh geez, now I'm depressed.

I've looked at your board several times, just out of curiousity, and I never saw anything compelling enough to make me want to stay.
                        Well there is the gay guy with the female cartoon avatar that pretends he's a woman and gets everyone to talk dirty to him.
                        Last edited by Michael2; Fri 1 Feb '02, 7:50pm.
                        HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                        Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                        iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                        VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X