Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The worst/dumbest thing you've done to/on your site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maurd View Post
    Dumbest thing? Added a chatbox. After removing it, actual community participation grew considerably. Chatboxes and forums shouldn't co-exist on the same website, they both compete for the same audience and one eventually cancels the other out.

Worst thing? I've yet to reach that yet. As far as vBulletin is concerned vB4 has, for the most part, been a positive experience both to my community and to myself.
    I'd been contemplating this recently and opted against the chat box. Really glad to see that that decision is justified by those in the know!

I agree with HM Beauty that they are practically the same thing and I believe that the forums are so far ahead, allowing for ongoing, durable conversations that instant chat cannot cater for.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR-APBT View Post
      You asked a question, I answered in my honest opinion and yet you complain that I answered your question you posted on a public forum.

I even stated I wasn't poking fun at vBulletin.
      We all know that you are though all because you don't like the design of vB 4...

Back on topic.

Allowing bullies to become mods...
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X