Is it me or adsense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or adsense?

Up until about 5 weeks ago I was getting well-targeted adsense ads on my site. Since then, the ads are nothing even close to a pet-related forum.

I don't recall any changes I made.

Has google adsense changed something or do I need to do something to get targeted ads again?

Originally posted by rnmcd View Post
    Up until about 5 weeks ago I was getting well-targeted adsense ads on my site. Since then, the ads are nothing even close to a pet-related forum.

I don't recall any changes I made.

Has google adsense changed something or do I need to do something to get targeted ads again?
    New threads-posts on your forum about pets.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

There a quite a few every day. There are no threads/posts about car tires but lots of adsense for Michelins.

Comment

It might be possible that Google adsense has changed something that is why you are facing this situation.

Comment

What are your forum user's seeing? Try going to your website from a different browser, one not logged into google, and where all cookies have been cleaned, and see what ads are showing up.

What is probably happening is that google is targeting you specifically for these ads, since they think you want to buy car tires- maybe a site you recently visited or a search you ran.

Comment

BirdOPrey5, it looks like you are correct. Google adsense seems to be keying in on the google searches the user does. In the past it did seem like it was posting ads that were more specific to the forum's topics though.

Comment

I believe this will "opt you out" of the ad targeting: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X