vB 5 live sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 5 live sites?

This isn't meant to be a complaint thread or whatever or talking about what YOU do not like about vB5. I want to see for my self. if you have a vB5 site with CMS setup please post. I'm not concerned with the forum portion but more so how you have the user blog and the CMS setup. I'd like to judge for myself if i want to upgrade a few of my licences or not

You won't find a vB5 site with CMS...the CMS has not been released for vB5 yet.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

well no wonder!! I didn't realize that - havent really been following around lately. So one would have to use vB4 CMS/Forum then eh?

Comment

At this stage if you need CMS functionality, yes, 4.2 is your best bet.

Comment

I was just looking more into it, vB5 only forum and blog was released and this custom page design thing? I think for my purposes that would work as the only reason i wanted the CMS was really to put up a few pages... I wouldn't i guess need the CMS until maybe next year if the site got big enough and I could support content writers. Can I use a custom page as the landing page?? (and out of curiousity, why wouldn't the vB5 release be held until everything was ready to be released?)

Comment

One of vB5's huge strengths is Site Builder...which is the page design tool. Building a custom page in vBulletin used to take a while and a bit of messing about, now it's simple.

See, for example, my own personal demo site where I built this custom "Home Page" in about five minutes flat!
            http://www.talknewsuk.com/forum/home

Comment

vb5c is SUCK it's very slow & full of bugs.

Comment