Is there a way to check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to check.

If a website is using a legal copy of Vbulletin??

i'm doubting on
    Last edited by Chris Schreiber; Mon 28 Jan '02, 1:31am.

Please send these to [email protected] and don't post suspected URLs on the forums... thanks

Comment

well is there a way of checking if a site is using a legal copy?

Comment

No, you can report sites you suspect are using an illegal copy and they will be investigated, but for privacy reason we can not let someone know if a site is licensed or not.

Comment

Chris, is there some way we can have some system for those that work on vbulletin boards to verify license with the members permission? I think the "Tell me the third word on the second page of the members area" is a little silly for me to use when Im trying to figure out if someone has a license or not when doing work for them. I really feel better knowing if a board is pirated or not before doing work on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bane
            I think the "Tell me the third word on the second page of the members area" is a little silly....
            LOL that's funny, and you're right

If you (or anyone) are going to help someone with their boards, you can send thier name, email, board URL and customer number to [email protected] and we will let you know if that is valid or not.

Comment

Yeah, maybe in the profile it can say Yes or No if they are licensed or not.
              Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyre
                This has been discussed before, however we can't do it for privacy reason.

Comment

Hrmm, ok. May I ask why? Or is that private too?
                  Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                    If you (or anyone) are going to help someone with their boards, you can send thier name, email, board URL and customer number to [email protected] and we will let you know if that is valid or not.
                    Thanks Chris. That helps, and should weed out some folks just to start, I'm a bit worried about those folks that are over-paranoid and won't divulge the customer number but hehe.. better a little than nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyre
                      Yeah myself and some others had suggested that a month or two ago. I think it would be great because I do alot of vB work and I never truly know who is licensed or not. So I may have "helped' someone with a warez copy in the past because just as Banes post says, I usually ask the "third word on blah blah page", as well.

Chris, thanks for letting us know we can send an email there for verification, but is the customer number needed? I know alot of clients aren't going to give me that number, (which I understand). So can we send like name, email, and board to find out if its licensed?

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X