Copyright-help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright-help

What options are available to me against a web site that is using our copyrighted design without my permission? BTW, it's another vBulletin member.

My site: www.macfora.com
    The stolen merchandise: http://bokhalifa.com/daar/index.php

Thanks
    Last edited by Smoothie; Sun 27 Jan '02, 8:13pm.

its the Wild Wild Web baby
    try this link http://www.cyberguards.com
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

that looks like the same site that was mentioned in another thread that had the vb.org theme on it in a different language. I think it is bull****, people put hard work into their stuff and some pay good money for a design then theiving asswipes go around stealing the stuff. I'm sure you can find a lawyer to send a nice little letter that will help starighten em up. BTW anything is copyrighted as soon as it is made, if you draw a stick person that stick person is copyrighted
      GTtalk

Comment

I have to agree with all of the above. BTW, nice lookin site you have there.

Comment

Hey Smoothie, remember me?

The problem with creating an awesome design is that people want to copy it
          Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyre
            Hey Smoothie, remember me?

The problem with creating an awesome design is that people want to copy it
            I never forget a friend!

Comment

I know, because your so cool

Anyway, I'd think it would be hard to contact him since it's in some arabic language, but you could always write him a message and then translate.

Comment

I emailed the admin, or webmaster, but I don't think it's going to accomplish squat.

Comment

Neither do I, I suggest getting the law on your side, but without having to pay some insane amount of fees for lawyers and stuff like that. Have a federal agency contact him

Comment

A federal agency may work if the forum host is in the US, but unless the US has reciprical(sp?) agreements with other nations, you will probably have a hard time getting something based in another country changed.

Comment

That's true, but there are forms of international internet laws

Comment

vBulletin should yank their license. This is total BS.

BTW, what do the head honchos at VB have to say about this.

Comment

Jelsoft does not comment on external disputes between parties who are only affiliated with us by the fact that they own vBulletin.

That said, with the new intellectual property clause in the license we may be able to do something. Let me flag this for John.

Comment

I appreciate any assistance you may offer.

Comment

Yup, that's the same site that ripped out layout off (unless that site and vBhacks.net are not the same).
                              All I did was PM and e-mail him once and I guess it worked.
                              Chen Avinadav
                              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X