How to get from sick to healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get from sick to healthy?

I've been coughing like theirs no tommorow all day, I've had two doses of the worst tasting medicide ever, and I have a science exam tommorow

Anyone know how to get better in 5 minutes?

*is screwed*

Lots of rest!
    http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
    http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

drink a couple gallons of water, piss your brains out, get at least 9 hours sleep. next morning you are all better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
        drink a couple gallons of water, piss your brains out, get at least 9 hours sleep. next morning you are all better.
        If only it were that easy.
        http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
        http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
        http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

Go see a doctor. Don't listen to advice from a bunch of computer geeks.
          Well, there it is.
          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Prince

If only it were that easy.
            it works for me every time =\ . i never get sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

it works for me every time =\ . i never get sick.
              not even a tiny little cold now and then?
              You're my Prince of Peace
              And I will live my life for You

Comment

Originally posted by nuno

not even a tiny little cold now and then?
                well... yeah . but then i do the 2 gallons of water thing and it's gone. there was a very bad flu bug going around my area a couple months ago. i got a slight nausea feeling that lasted a couple days but then it went away... it never fully got me.

i'm also in excellent physical shape (aerobic and otherwise) so i'm naturally more resistant than others might be.

Comment

Jake stays at home, therefore doesn't catch germs from other people.
                  Well, there it is.
                  - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                    Jake stays at home, therefore doesn't catch germs from other people.
                    win!

Comment

I havent gotten the flu or any cold-like symptoms since Novemeber 2000. Man that was horrible period.

Then again I hardly go anywhere and constantly wash my hands after touching anything at work. Im a freak.
                      forums: pcfx.cc
                      gallery: here

Comment

Note: this is for the US. Laws in your country may make some of these unavailable.

Go to your local health and wellness food store. Ask them to see the herbalist and get a tea with Chamomile and Marshmallow Root (no it isn't the same as the fluffy white things).

Take this home and drink 2 hot cups a day with Honey. You won't stop coughing but the marshmallow root is an expectorant and it will relieve the congestion after a day.

Also beef up on your echinecea and goldenseal this time of year. Both of these herbs are available in capsules often combined. Take 1 dosage a day until cold and flu season ends in your area. They will boost your immune system and allow you to stay healthy.

Consider these to be drugs, which they are natural drugs, and make sure to let the herbalist know what medicines you are on currently. Also let your doctor know if you take any herbs regularly as some have interactions with chemical medications.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

i had strep throat all last week and thought i was better but once i stopped taking the codeine as the pain went away i still feel terrible, now i feel like i have the flu.
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Cough: I take Honey Cough. It taste horrible (well if you like honey - you may like the taste of this), but it works great!!

Step Throat: You need to go the the DR. and have them give you some Amoxicilian for the infection. If you don't, you can get into some serious ****. And Motrin 800 is better than Codiene, in my opinion -- and less addictants.

Sinus Problems: Sames as above. Go to the Dr. and get an Amoxicilian Rx. 2 days, you'll feel better - but you have to take it for 10 days (usually).

Cough - that lasts for more than 7 days straight: You need to go to the Dr. FAST! You probably have bronncitis or Pneumonia. If gone untreated, you'll end up being in the hospital with something worse (like double pnuemonia) and have to be there for over a week in an oxygen tent. (not fun, trust me!).

---
                            That's all from Dr. Tonya. I'm not a licensed Physician, but I've been to the Dr. about 5 times as many times as the average person. I amaze the Dr. in what I know when I have to go and visit them. They end up asking, "Do you have medical training or something?!" Me: "No, just lots of experience, and I do research" Them: "Well you should be!"

Comment

thanks for the advice , i was in the hospital part of last week cuz i have heart conditions that can be worsened by infections like that i am on two antibiotics right now and codeine, stopped taking the codeine as i could actually talk again hehe, but now i just outright feel like garbage.
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X